This post may contain paid links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
My Air Fried Steak recipe will be your new favorite way to cook a steak! Rubbed with seasoning and topped with the best-ever garlic butter sauce, these steaks perfectly cook in 8 minutes and are full of flavor. Just one bite and you will want to make steak in the air fryer again and again!
- Steak in the Air Fryer
- Air Fry Steak Recipe Ingredients
- Steak Garlic Butter Sauce
- How to Air Fry Steak
- Compound Butter for Steak
- Air Fry Steak Tips
- Air Fried Steak Recipe Temperature
- How Long Do You Air Fry Steak?
- Air Fryer Steak FAQs
- Steak Seasoning
- Steak Recipes
- Side Dishes for Steak
- 📌 Pin it for later!
- 📋 Recipe
- 💬 Reviews
Steak in the Air Fryer
I promise you are going to love this recipe! It's crisp on the outside and so juicy in the center. And, the best part is, you can make it using your favorite cut of beef using our air fryer steak tips.
The most perfect Steak I have ever eaten or made! Garlic Herb butter melted beautifully, no need for any other recipe! Family is happy happy! 😍👍Sherylynn
Air Fry Steak Recipe Ingredients
- Steak of your choice. I love using filet mignon
- Chicago steak seasoning or steak seasoning of your choice
- Garlic butter sauce
- Olive oil
Steak Garlic Butter Sauce
- butter salted (at room temperature)
- garlic finely chopped or pressed
- fresh parsley finely chopped, or your favorite herbs
How to Air Fry Steak
- Sprinkle steak seasoning on each side of the steak and pat down the seasoning.
- Add to a covered plate and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to overnight to marinate. When ready to cook, brush each side of both steaks with olive oil. Place the filets on the rack in the air fryer and cook for approximately 4 minutes at 390°F.
- After 4 minutes, flip the steak and cook for approximately 4 minutes more.
- Remove the air-fried steaks and top each filet with 1 tablespoon of garlic butter.
- Let the steaks rest for 10 minutes at room temperature before cutting.
Literally perfect. First time ever making steak, (or a nice dinner for my family) followed the recipe to a T. I let the steak sit for 2 hours, let me tell you- we loved it. My parents were so surprised I pulled this off. Served with some oven roasted veggies and red potatoes. We have since highly recommended it to all friends and family and will be making it again. Thanks so much 🙂Sara
Compound Butter for Steak
- Mix softened butter with herbs and minced garlic until combined.
- Roll into a log using plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator. Melt into a sauce in a skillet or in the microwave by heating in 15-second intervals.
Another amazing steak butter recipe is my Truffle Butter Recipe!
Wow!!! I am so happy with this recipe! I will admit I was skeptical at first, but I’m glad I tried it. Used rib eye, it was INCREDIBLY soft! Seasoned with salt, pepper and rosemary. Thanks for this great recipe!
Air Fry Steak Tips
- If your beef is thicker than the steaks shown here, you may need to cook it for an extra minute on each side.
- Use a meat thermometer. We always recommend using a meat thermometer. If they aren't done, cook them for a minute longer on each side until they reach temperature.
- Always cut the steak against the grain for the most tender bites of steak. The grain looks like lines running through the steak.
- Keep the size of your air fryer in mind. You don't want to overcrowd! You may be able to fit about 4 steaks at a time in your air fryer oven using two racks.
- Want some surf and turf? You can add a small lobster tail and it will cook in approximately the same amount of time.
The best part about this air-fried steak recipe is that it works for any cut of steak. Use your favorite cut of steak and adjust the cooking time based on the thickness of the steak.
It's my favorite easy steak recipe. We love it! It really is the best Air Fryer recipe.Meghety on Instagram
Air Fried Steak Recipe Temperature
Follow this chart and my Steak Internal Temperature Chart to find your ideal degree of doneness!
|Desired Doneness||Total Time to Cook|
|Rare||11-13 minutes for 1"; 13-15 minutes for 1.5"|
|Medium-rare Steak||12-14 minutes for 1"; 14-16 minutes for 1.5"|
|Medium Steak||13-15 minutes for 1"; 15-17 minutes for 1.5"|
|Medium-well Steak||14-16 minutes for 1"; 16-18 minutes for 1.5"|
|Well-done Steak||15-17 minutes for 1"; 17-19 minutes for 1.5"|
These were amazing, my favorite thing I’ve cooked in the air fryer so far.Vanessa
How Long Do You Air Fry Steak?
|Steak Cut||Steak Size||Cooking Temperature||Cooking Instructions in Air Fryer|
|Air Fryer Sirloin Steak||approx. 1-inch thick||400°F||4 minutes on each side for med. rare, 6 minutes for each side for medium, 8 minutes for each side for well done|
|Air Fryer Steak Bites||approx. 1 lb.||400°F||10 minutes for med. rare, 13 minutes for medium; 15 minutes for well done|
|Air Fryer Filet Mignon||approx. 6 oz.||390°F||4 minutes on each side for med. rare, 6 minutes for each side for medium, and 8 minutes for each side for well done|
|Air Fryer Ribeye Steak||approx. 1.5-inch thick||400°F||6 minutes on each side for med. rare, 8 minutes for each side for medium, and 9 minutes for each side for well done|
Air Fryer Steak FAQs
You can use any cut of steak you prefer for this recipe, but if you're using a thinner steak, keep in mind that your cook time may vary.
We use filet mignon in the air fryer, and they turn out beautifully medium-rare at 4 minutes on each side.
This air-fried steak has no ingredients containing gluten, so you can easily enjoy it on a gluten-free diet.
I use Chicago steak seasoning in this recipe. Just salt and pepper work well, too. Give it a hearty coating! Another perfect choice is this Dry Rub for Steak or try this Steak Marinade. They are both full of flavor and work beautifully on air-fried steak. I recommend trying it!
If you really want to fancy up this recipe and impress your guests, this dish is amazing with red wine sauce. It is an amazing combination of flavors!
Side Dishes for Steak
- Steak French Fries
- Steakhouse Baked Potato
- Steakhouse Mac and Cheese
- Steak Mashed Potatoes
- Air Fryer Asparagus
See What to Serve with Steak for more side dish ideas!
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Air Fryer Steak
- Air fryer
See our Beef Temperature Chart for helpful tips on cooking any cut of beef!
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons Chicago steak seasoning or seasoning of your choice on each side of two 6 oz. filet mignon steaks. Pat down the seasoning.
- Add to a covered plate and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to overnight to marinate. When ready to cook, brush each side of both steaks with 1 tablespoon each of olive oil. Place the filets on the rack in the air fryer and cook for approximately 4 minutes at 390°F.
- After 4 minutes, flip the filets and cook for approximately 4 minutes more. Remove the air fried steaks and top each filet with 1 tablespoon garlic butter. Let the steaks rest for 10 minutes before cutting.
- Using thick steaks. If your steaks are thicker than the steaks shown here, you may need to cook them for an extra minute on each side.
- Use a meat thermometer. To
check if the steaks have reached your desired degree of doneness, we
always recommend using a meat thermometer. If they aren’t quite where
you need them to be, cook them for a minute longer on each side until
you reach the desired results.
- Cut against the grain. Always
cut the steak against the grain for the most tender bites of steak. The
grain looks like lines running through the steak. You will easily be
able to see them before and after cooking.