Boneless Prime Rib Recipe
My boneless prime rib roast recipe is easy, tender, and so delicious! A perfect holiday meal.
Servings: 8 servings
See our Beef Temperature Chart for helpful tips on cooking any cut of beef!
Preheat your oven to 450°F and pat your boneless rib roast dry with paper towels. Generously season your roast with sea salt and black pepper. Give it a good coating.
Place the roast fat-side up on a pan with a roasting rack. Add it to the oven and cook for 15 minutes at 450°F. Once 15 minutes is up, reduce the temperature to 325°F and cook for an additional 1 hour and 40 minutes (4 lb. roast).
Once time is up, move the beef to a cutting board and tent it with foil loosely. Allow it to rest for 15 minutes under the foil. After resting, carve the beef against the grain for best results. Serve, and enjoy!
Boneless prime rib cooking time:
- 4 lb. roast: 15 minute sear + 1 hour 40 minutes cook time
- 5 lb. roast: 15 minute sear + 1 hour 45 minutes cook time
- 6 lb. roast: 15 minute sear + 1 hour 50 minutes cook time
Tips for cooking a perfect prime rib roast:
- Use a meat thermometer! This is a must for roast beef recipes, and especially for prime rib recipes, to achieve your perfect desired degree of doneness every time.
- Allow your roast to come to room temperature before placing it in the oven. This way, it will cook evenly throughout.
- Use a roasting pan with a rack so air can circulate around the whole roast.
- Let your roast rest! Once it’s done roasting, tent your beef with foil and let it sit for 15 minutes before carving.
- Slice against the grain. This is vital! The grain refers to the lines running through the beef. Slice against the grain for the most tender sliced prime rib.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 774kcal | Protein: 51g | Fat: 62g | Saturated Fat: 25g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 29g | Cholesterol: 188mg | Sodium: 1015mg