Sous Vide Beef Tenderloin with Garlic Herb Butter
We know you’re going to love this easy Sous Vide Beef Tenderloin with garlic herb butter. It’s so juicy, tender, and full of flavor. Plus, it will save room in your oven!
- 3 lb. beef tenderloin
- 1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. pepper
- ½ stick butter
- 1 Tbsp. garlic minced
- 3 sprigs Fresh rosemary optional
Combine rosemary, thyme, garlic powder, sea salt, and black pepper in a small bowl. Mix together, then generously coat your beef tenderloin with the seasoning. Pat it down so it’s packed against the beef.
Optionally, top your beef tenderloin with about 3 to 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary. Then, seal it tightly in a plastic zip-lock bag, pushing air out of the bag as you do.
Attach the sous vide cooker to a large pot filled with water. Set the temperature to 140°F and place the bag of beef tenderloin in the pot. Clip it to the side of the pot so the beef is submerged, but the bag is secure. You don’t want any water getting into the bag.
Cook for 2 hours. The internal temperature should read about 135°F for medium rare. When done, remove from the bag and set aside on a plate. Heat butter in a pan over medium-high heat. Add minced garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle in a few extra pinches of seasoning.
Add sous vide beef tenderloin to the pan and sear on all sides. While the beef sears, add the roast beef drippings from the sous vide bag to the pan.
- Spoon garlic herb butter over the top while the meat sears. This is the secret to cooking a perfect tenderloin!
- Seal the bag tightly, pushing out any excess air, so no water enters it while cooking and the meat is sealed firmly inside. This is very important!
- Don’t forget to clip your bag to the side of the pot. The bag will stay in place this way and your tenderloin will be perfectly submerged.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 615kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 48g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 160mg | Sodium: 726mg | Fiber: 1g