Easy Sous Vide Filet Mignon Recipe
Cook a beautiful filet perfectly following our easy Sous Vide Filet Mignon recipe. Using a sous vide machine, you can make the most tender filet with no fuss and no effort! Set it, forget it, and enjoy!
- 2 filet mignon steaks 1-inch thick
- ½ stick butter
- Chicago steak seasoning to taste - or sea salt and black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
Generously season filet mignon steaks using Chicago steak seasoning or steak seasoning of choice. Pat the seasoning down.
Place filet in plastic zip-lock bag and press the air out. Seal tightly.
Clip the bag with the filet into the inside of a pot of water with the sous vide cooker attached. Fully submerge the bag in the water and cook sous vide for 1 hour at 130°F.
Remove filet from the bag and place on a separate plate. In a skillet over medium heat, melt ½ stick butter and cook 1 Tbsp. minced garlic.
Sear filet on all sides until golden brown, just a couple of minutes per side. Slice against the grain, serve, and enjoy!
- Make sure to squeeze all of the air out of the zip-lock bag after placing your steaks in the bag, and check for any holes where water might be able to get in.
- Clip the bag to the side of the pot to keep it in place. This is super important. You can use any clip you have on hand, like a chip bag clip. This way, the bag will stay in place and keep your food perfectly submerged.
- On that note, make sure your filet is fully submerged in the water so it cooks evenly. Use a pot that's large enough to hold enough water to fully submerge your steak.
Calories: 674kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 60g | Saturated Fat: 30g | Cholesterol: 180mg | Sodium: 87mg | Potassium: 517mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 706IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 4mg