Instant Pot Goulash
My recipe for Instant Pot Goulash is a flavorful, easy beef goulash recipe that's ready to serve in under 30 minutes!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons dry minced onion
- 2 Tablespoons dry chives
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon dried Italian herbs
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- 2 cups egg noodles dry
- 20 oz. canned diced tomatoes
Set your Instant Pot to saute mode. Add meat, onion, chives, salt, pepper, and garlic. Saute until the meat is browned all over.
1 pound ground beef, 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon black pepper, 2 Tablespoons dry minced onion, 2 Tablespoons dry chives, 1 teaspoon minced garlic
Add in your remaining ingredients, and mix together.
1 Tablespoon dried Italian herbs, 1 Tablespoon butter, 1½ cups chicken broth, 2 cups egg noodles, 20 oz. canned diced tomatoes
Add the lid back to the Instant Pot and close the sealing valve. Set your Instant Pot to high pressure for 8 minutes. Carefully quick release the pressure. Stir together, serve, and enjoy!
- If you want to thicken the sauce for your goulash a bit more, you can make a cornstarch slurry by mixing equal parts cornstarch and cold water, or add a light dusting of flour to the beef pieces before sauteing them.
- Try topping beef goulash with cheese after cooking. A cheesy addition is a great choice for serving kids!
- Beef broth can be used instead of chicken broth in this recipe, but I don't recommend using water, as it will not have as much flavor. However, if you want less salt in the recipe, water can be used.
- Fresh tomatoes can be used instead of canned diced tomatoes, if desired.
- You can use any type of pasta you like for this dish, not just egg noodles.
- For an extra dash of flavor, try adding a bit of Worcestershire sauce. I would add 1 to 2 tablespoons.
Calories: 286kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 810mg | Potassium: 468mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 239IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 3mg