Easy Steak Milanesa (Milanesa de Res)
Learn how to make Steak Milanesa on the stove, in the oven, and in the air fryer! Easy milanesa de res is a classic fried steak you will love!
- 1-1½ pounds top round steaks thinly sliced/pounded to ⅛-inch thickness
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup flour
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper divided
- 2 teaspoons salt divided
- Oil for frying approximately 1 cup
Tenderize top round steaks to ⅛-inch thickness by pounding them with a meat mallet, rolling pin, or other heavy object. Make sure all steaks are approximately ⅛-inch thick. Add the steaks to a sheet pan and season on both sides with half of your salt and pepper.
1-1½ pounds top round steaks, 1 teaspoon ground pepper, 2 teaspoons salt
Place breadcrumbs in a large bowl and mix garlic powder and your remaining salt and pepper into them until combined. In a medium mixing bowl, beat eggs.Dust steaks with flour. Dip in eggs, then dip in breadcrumbs. Fully coat all steak, pressing the breadcrumbs into the meat if necessary.
2 cups breadcrumbs, 3 eggs, ¾ cup flour, 1 Tablespoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon ground pepper, 2 teaspoons salt
Add oil to a skillet over medium-high heat. You can safely test how hot the oil is by placing the end of a wooden spoon in the oil. If many bubbles form around the wood and start floating up, the oil is hot enough for frying. Fry on both sides for 2-3 minutes a side until golden brown.
Oil for frying
Place on a plate with paper towels to drain the oil. Serve and enjoy!
- If you pat the beef with a paper towel before coating it, the breading will stick better to the meat.
- If you don't have a meat mallet, any heavy object will work for pounding the steak to the right thinness. Place the steak under plastic wrap and carefully tenderize it until it is thin enough. It's important steak milanesa is very thin for frying quickly.
- Make sure to drain the milanesa after frying.
Calories: 573kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 54g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 227mg | Sodium: 1716mg | Potassium: 842mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 181IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 163mg | Iron: 8mg