Korean Beef Short Ribs (Galbi Jjim)
Complete with a sweet and spicy chili garlic sauce marinade, our Korean Beef Short Ribs recipe is irresistible! It takes 15 minutes or less to prep. A perfect, easy dinner recipe!
Knife and peeler
Bowls for mixing
Microplane or grater
Korean Short Ribs Marinade
- 2 Tbsps. chili garlic sauce
- 1½ tsp. sesame oil
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce or Tamari shoyu
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 4 tsp. rice vinegar
Short Ribs Recipe
- 6 cloves garlic
- 8 scallions or ½ an onion
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil divided
- 1½ - 2 lbs. boneless beef short ribs
- ¼ cup flour or gluten-free flour blend
- 2 cups beef broth divided
- ¼ tsp. salt and pepper
- Make sure the ribs are completely under the liquid before placing them in the oven. This will give you the most tender kalbi short ribs.
- When they're ready to eat, Korean BBQ short ribs will be fall-apart tender and easy to shred with a fork or knife. Cook time depends on the thickness of your ribs. If they seem like they aren't ready yet, leave them in a bit longer.
Calories: 925kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 79g | Fat: 54g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Cholesterol: 234mg | Sodium: 1727mg | Potassium: 1613mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 239IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 10mg