Slow Cooker Lasagna Recipe
Beefy, cheesy, and so delicious! Our Slow Cooker Lasagna Recipe will become your family's new favorite. It's so easy, juicy, and a great choice for entertaining a crowd.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 lb. Italian sausage removed from the casing
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced, or 1 tbsp. garlic paste
- 8 cups tomato marinara sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 32 oz. ricotta cheese
- ½ cup parsley chopped, optional
- 2 lbs. mozzarella cheese low-moisture, shredded
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 lb. lasagna noodles uncooked, oven-ready
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
Over medium heat, cook 1 medium chopped onion in a skillet until lightly browned. Add 2 cloves minced garlic and stir until browned. Then, add 1 lb. ground beef and 1 lb. Italian sausage removed from the casing and cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until browned.Finally, stir in 8 cups tomato sauce and 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning. Simmer on low for approximately 30 minutes, then season with salt and pepper to taste. In a bowl, combine 32 oz. ricotta cheese with 1 cup Parmesan (reserve some to sprinkle while layering), ½ cup parsley (optional), 4 eggs, and salt and pepper to taste. Cover the bottom of your greased slow cooker with 1 cup meat sauce.
Top with 3 oven-ready lasagna noodles. Break to fit if necessary and place broken pieces where sauce is uncovered.
Ladle more meat sauce over the noodles and spread evenly. Then spoon on ¼ of the ricotta mixture and top with ¼ of the mozzarella cheese plus additional Parmesan.
Repeat the layers 3 times. Top the final layer with remaining mozzarella and parmesan. Sprinkle with green onions if desired.Cook on low for approximately 7 hours. When complete, set to warming mode and allow the lasagna to rest for 30 minutes before cutting into it. Enjoy!
- To top with additional meat sauce, double the amount of meat sauce you make.
- Slice the lasagna into smaller pieces, since it cooks in a deep dish.
- Let your lasagna rest for 30 minutes on warming mode when it's done cooking before you slice into it so that it keeps its shape.
- Drain fat from the sausage and ground beef before adding the marinara sauce.
- Adjust salt and pepper according to how much seasoning is in the marinara sauce.
- Cook the meat the night before and refrigerate until ready to assemble the dish to save time.
Calories: 590kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 103mg | Sodium: 1174mg | Potassium: 705mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1160IU | Vitamin C: 11.3mg | Calcium: 494mg | Iron: 3mg