Cheesy Pot Roast Sandwich
Learn how to make put those pot roast leftovers to delicious use! A deliciously cheesy pot roast sandwich topped with caramelized onions.
Servings: 1 sandwich
- 1 cup leftover pot roast I used Mississippi pot roast
- 2 slices bread
- 3 slices cheese I used American cheese
- ⅓ cup caramelized onions
- butter for spreading on bread
- 1 Tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
Begin by buttering one slide of each piece of bread. Evenly sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
2 slices bread, butter, 1 Tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
Flip one piece over. Layer 2 slices of cheese on the bread. Next, layer your leftover pot roast on top of the cheese slices.
3 slices cheese, 1 cup leftover pot roast
Top with another slice of cheese, then layer with caramelized onions.
⅓ cup caramelized onions
Top with your other slice of bread, butter side up.
2 slices bread
Place in the air fryer at 350°F for 5 minutes on one side.
After 5 minutes, flip and cook an additional 4 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve and enjoy!
- Can't forget about the au jus: Don't forget to add a few spoonfuls of leftover au jus on top of your sandwich for extra added moisture.
- Try out a different cheese: Mix up the flavors and try out a different cheese like mozzarella, provolone, or pepper jack cheese.
- Find your ideal bread: I love serving my pot roast sandwiches on hard, crusty bread.
- Add more vegetables: Like mushrooms, or add some peppers onto your sandwich!
Serving: 1sandwich | Calories: 537kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 60g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 0.02g | Cholesterol: 158mg | Sodium: 546mg | Potassium: 1002mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 58IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 169mg | Iron: 7mg