Baked Meatball Sub Recipe
We guarantee you our Baked Meatball Sub recipe will be your new favorite! Made with juicy meatballs and bubbly cheese, it is so delicious.
Servings: 2 sandwich halves
- 3 large meatballs
- 3 spoonfuls meatball sauce
- 1 handful shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. garlic butter sauce or so to brush on the inside of the roll
- 1 deli roll
- parsley to taste
Preheat oven to 375°F. Cut deli rolls in half and spread garlic butter evenly on the inside of each half.
Place meatballs in the roll and top with meatball sauce.
Sprinkle with plenty of shredded mozzarella and grated Parmesan cheese.
Wrap sandwich with tin foil and bake for 25-30 minutes. Open the foil in the last 5 minutes to melt the cheese and brown the top of the sandwich.
Serve with more grated cheese and parsley (optional). Enjoy!
- Use large meatballs for the best sandwich. Smaller ones just aren't the same.
- Wrap your sandwiches in tin foil to keep the bread soft while they bake.
- In the last 5 minutes of the bake time, open the aluminum foil at the top to brown the cheese.
- A little parsley and extra cheese at the end goes a long way!
Calories: 400kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 110mg | Sodium: 447mg | Potassium: 253mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 317IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 114mg | Iron: 8mg