Easy Poutine Recipe
Our easy poutine recipe makes it simple to enjoy classic Canadian poutine from scratch! You'll love this delicious dish!
Poutine Gravy Recipe
- 1 package brown gravy mix ex. McCormick Brown Gravy Mix, 0.87 oz.
- 2 cups water
- 1 Tbsp. garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- leftover roast beef optional
- 12 oz. cheese curds or low moisture mozzarella
- 1 package frozen french fries any kind and size; about 28 oz.
How to Make Poutine Gravy
Add 2 Tbsp. olive oil to a pan over medium heat. Cook 1 Tbsp. minced garlic for a few minutes until fragrant.
Add in 2 cups water and 1 package brown gravy mix. Cook until simmering and thickened, about 10 minutes.
Optional: Add in leftover roast beef.
How to Make Poutine Fries
Bake 1 package frozen French fries according to instructions on the bag. We like to use Air Fryer Frozen French Fries. Once the fries are ready, add them to the greased baking dish.
Sprinkle 12 oz. cheese curds evenly over the fries.
Pour completed beef gravy over the fries and cheese.
Bake for 10 minutes, serve, and enjoy!
- Leftover roast beef adds so much flavor to classic poutine.
- If you can't find or would rather not use cheese curds, use low moisture mozzarella cheese instead.
Calories: 406kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 91mg | Sodium: 556mg | Potassium: 16mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 618mg | Iron: 1mg