Best Coulotte Steak
Grilled Picanha Steak is the juiciest, most delicious way to enjoy a Brazilian steakhouse classic at home! You will love this sirloin cap recipe!
- 3-4 pound Picanha cut sirloin cap
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chile powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
Preheat grill to 400°F. Score the fat cap of a 3 to 4 pound picanha cut sirloin cap in a crosshatch pattern. Do not cut too deep into the fat cap.
Combine all the dry ingredients and season the fat cap with 2 tablespoons of the seasoning.
Cut Picanha into 1-inch strips. Fold each strip into a "C", then slide onto metal skewers.Grill steaks over indirect heat (see notes for tips). Place skewers on the grill and grill for 15 to 20 minutes, turning every 5 minutes, until the steaks reach desired level of doneness (135°F for medium-rare, 145°F for medium).
Remove and allow to rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- You can substitute store-bought Santa Maria seasoning for the homemade rub.
- To grill over indirect heat, turn one side of the burners off on your grill, or rearrange the hot coals to one side.
- You can also cook Picanha steak on the stove. Melt butter in a cast-iron pan over high heat on the stove until it begins smoking. Prepare picanha steak as above, then add to the grill one at a time, using wooden skewers so you can trim them if needed. Cook for 3 minutes on one side, then 2 on the other.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 392kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 68g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 178mg | Sodium: 170mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g