Amazing Eye of Round Roast Recipe
Our tender Eye of Round Roast recipe is a budget-friendly solution to the holidays, complete with sweet potatoes, tomatoes, and corn!
- 3 lb. eye of round roast trimmed - leave the fat on one side
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1¼ cups sweet and salty beef rub
- 4 large sweet potatoes sliced thinly
- 4 ears fresh corn
- 1 pint grape tomatoes halved
- 2 green onions sliced thinly
Preheat oven to 425°F. Brush eye of round roast with olive oil on all sides, then season with sweet and salty beef rub, but don't use all of it! Save some seasoning to season your veggies.
Slice 4 large sweet potatoes and arrange the slices on a baking dish or sheet. Brush with olive oil.
Place the roast at the center of the sweet potatoes. Roast for 20 minutes at 425°F.
Meanwhile, combine corn and tomatoes in a baking pan and add the remaining seasoning as well as 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Mix well and add to the oven after the initial 20 minutes is up. Lower the oven temperature to 325°F.
Roast for 50 more minutes. Remove from oven when done and tent the roast with foil. Let rest for 15 minutes before you carve it and slice against the grain. Serve, and enjoy!
- Season all parts of the dish, including the vegetables, for the most flavorful dish.
- Let your roast rest 15 minutes before you carve it. This helps keep it tender by locking in the juices.
- Always slice against the grain for best results!
Calories: 631kcal | Carbohydrates: 77g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 105mg | Sodium: 929mg | Potassium: 1651mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 39g | Vitamin A: 28365IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 134mg | Iron: 5mg