Instant Pot Hamburger Soup
Your new favorite Instant Pot soup recipe! Instant Pot Hamburger Soup is hearty, warm, and full of tasty beef and healthy veggies. It's comfort food heaven!
Prep Time20 minutes mins
Cook Time30 minutes mins
Additional Time10 minutes mins
Total Time1 hour hr
Course: Instant Pot Beef Recipes, Main Course, Soup
Keyword: hamburger soup recipe, instant pot hamburger soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 large carrots chopped large
- 4 medium potatoes chopped large
- 1-2 sticks celery finely chopped
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cups vegetables your choice, canned (see notes)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Italian seasoning optional
See our Beef Temperature Chart for helpful tips on cooking any cut of beef!
Turn on the sauté option of your Instant Pot. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and add 1 finely chopped onion and 2 cloves minced garlic. Stir for about 1-2 minutes, until translucent. Add 1 pound ground beef and cook until browned, stirring from time to time.
Stir in 1-2 sticks chopped celery, 4 large chopped carrots, 4 medium chopped potatoes, 1 tablespoon tomato paste, and 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes.
Add 4 cups beef broth, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, 2 bay leaves, and salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning (if using) to taste.Stir in canned vegetables. Close the lid and make sure the valve is in the Sealing position. Turn to Manual on high pressure and set the time to 8 minutes.When 8 minutes is up, let the pressure release naturally. If you are in a rush, wait 10 minutes, then carefully release it manually.Carefully open the lid. Stir, serve, and enjoy!
- If you like, you can use a mix of pork and beef for additional flavor. Make sure the meat is as lean as possible so that it doesn’t release much grease.
- You can drain the fat released from the meat during cooking if desired.
- The best vegetables to use: corn, green beans, green peas.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 618kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 101mg | Sodium: 1331mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 12g