Amazing Gourmet Burgers Recipe
My Loaded Burgers with bacon and caramelized onions will blow your mind! This easy bacon cheeseburger recipe is packed with so much flavor, it's a guaranteed hit on the grill or the stove. What's the secret? Parmesan in the patty!
Servings: 4 burgers
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 red onion cut into thin slices
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons whiskey or vermouth, or whatever alcohol you have on hand. If you don't have alcohol, balsamic vinegar is fine.
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound ground beef 80/20
- 1 teaspoon burger seasoning
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- 4 burger buns of choice
- Avocado Crema to taste
- Bacon to taste
- Cheddar Cheese to taste
- Lettuce of choice to taste
- tomato optional
Add ground beef, salt and pepper, garlic powder, and grated Parmesan to a bowl.
Mix until well-combined.
Divide beef into 4 equally-sized balls and form into slightly flattened, round patties. Place on a plate and chill in the refrigerator.
Preheat oven to 400°F. Add bacon to a baking sheet lined with foil. If you have a baking sheet rack, use it to elevate the bacon.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until crispy to your liking. Drain on paper towels.
Preheat grill or grill pan to high. If using a grill pan, lightly grease with oil. Place burger patties on grill once hot.
Turn after the first side no longer sticks to the grill. Cook burger patties to preferred level of doneness, using a meat thermometer to check the temperature (USDA recommends 160°F).
Top with avocado crema, bacon, cheddar cheese, lettuce, and tomato as desired. Serve on buns of your choice or leave out the buns for a keto-friendly dish.
- Leave off the buns and serve over lettuce and tomato to make keto-friendly and gluten-free
- Try my special burger sauce
- Try other cheeses, like goat cheese!
- Season with burger seasoning!
Calories: 549kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Trans Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 101mg | Sodium: 523mg | Potassium: 425mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 243IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 182mg | Iron: 4mg