Amazing Smoked Prime Rib
My recipe for Smoked Prime Rib is a show-stopping centerpiece with incredible flavor from a simple rub and just a few hours of smoking!
Preheat your smoker to 285 degrees fahrenheit. Sprinkle your prime rib with the prime rib rub. Be sure to cover every inch of the prime rib with the seasonings.
Let your prime rib sit outside the fridge and come to room temperature. This will take around 30 minutes.
Place on the smoker and cook for about 3 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 130 degrees.
Heat a cast iron skillet to high heat and sear each side of the cooked prime rib for about one minute.
Allow the prime rib to rest off of the heat for about 10 minutes. Slice against the grain and enjoy!
- Always slice against the grain for best results.
- The longer the rub is on your prime rib the better. In other words, you can put the rub on the night before and it will be even better.
- Heat resistant gloves are a must when handling this recipe, especially during the searing stage.
- Using a cast iron grill pan is the best, if you want those gorgeous sear markings.
- You can add a bit of oil in your searing pan, if desired. However, I don’t use oil. This is simply a preference.
Calories: 1141kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 52g | Fat: 101g | Saturated Fat: 42g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 44g | Cholesterol: 228mg | Sodium: 2496mg | Potassium: 894mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 11IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 6mg