Amazing New York Strip Steak
My Grilled New York Strip Steak is a juicy, tender steak recipe that's easy to cook on the grill with a flavorful Asian beef marinade!
Servings: 4 steaks
- 4 New York Strip Steaks 12-ounce steaks; marinade is enough for 2 to 4 steaks
Asian Beef Marinade
- ½ Cup Soy Sauce
- ¼ Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Mongolian Fire Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Minced Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
In a large bowl, combine all the marinade ingredients and stir thoroughly.
Place the steaks in the marinade, cover, and chill for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
Heat your grill to medium/high. Let it come to temperature before placing the steaks on the grill.
Place the steaks on the grill and cook for 1.5 minutes then rotate it, keeping it on the same side, 30-45 degrees, and cook it another 1.5 minutes. Flip the steak and repeat the same process.
Let sit for 10 minutes before slicing for the best results. Enjoy!
- You can use spicy sesame oil or normal sesame oil in place of the fire oil. You won’t get any spiciness from the fire oil, if that’s a concern.
- These steaks were cooked until medium rare. If you would like it well-done, add an additional minute to each rotation of the steak. For rare, reduce it by 15-20 seconds each rotation. Cook time may need to be adjusted for other size steaks.
- If you don’t want the crossed grill marks, you can simply just cook the steak on each side for 3 minutes.
- This recipe can be cooked the same exact way in an oiled cast iron skillet.
- This marinade should be enough for at least 4 steaks.
Calories: 435kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 6500mg | Potassium: 425mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 3IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 72mg | Iron: 4mg