Steak Nachos Recipe
This Steak Nachos recipe is the best nachos recipe ever! Every bite will leave you wanting more. Takes 4 minutes to bake with ready-made steak on a sheet pan for a quick dinner recipe and easy clean up!
- 2 Tbsp. hot sauce your choice
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice from 1 whole lime
- 1 Tbsp. garlic clove minced
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1¼ lb. chuck steak or leftover steak slices
- 1 bag tortilla chips your choice
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup tomatoes chopped
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ½ cup salsa your choice
In a small bowl, combine 2 Tbsp. hot sauce, 2 Tbsp. olive oil, 2 Tbsp. lime juice, 1 Tbsp. minced garlic, and ¼ tsp. sea salt.Place a 1¼ lb. chuck steak in a resealable plastic bag. Pour the mixture into the bag with the steak and seal it tightly. Turn it over a few times, massaging the marinade into the steak.Refrigerate and allow the steak to marinate for up to 2 hours.
Once ready to cook, preheat your grill or stove to high. Remove the steak from the marinade and place it on the grill or skillet on the stove (cast iron skillets work best).
Cook on one side for 8 minutes, then turn and continue cooking for another 5-8 minutes until you reach your desired degree of doneness (about 135°F for medium-rare, or 145°F for medium).
Remove the steak from the grill or stove and allow to rest for 5 minutes before thinly slicing.
Preheat your oven broiler to high. Spread 1 bag of tortilla chips in a single even layer on a baking sheet.
Lay slices of steak over the tortilla chips, then sprinkle with 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese. Put the pan in the oven until the cheese melts and the chips crisp up, about 3-4 minutes.
Top with 1 cup shredded lettuce, 1 cup chopped tomatoes, ½ cup salsa of your choice, and ⅓ cup sour cream.
- Use leftover steak to save time! Thinly slice your leftovers and add to nachos. Bake as directed.
- Add your favorite nacho toppings! Mexican crema, peppers, jalapenos, olives, avocado, shrimp, and fresh herbs like cilantro are great choices. So are other cheeses, like Queso Fresco or Cotija.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 566kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 20g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 126mg | Sodium: 604mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g