Best Prime Rib Recipe Ever
Learn how to make the Best Prime Rib Recipe in the oven! My slow roasted prime rib is flavorful, show-stopping, and easy for beginners.
Prep Time10 minutes mins
Cook Time4 hours hrs
Resting Time15 minutes mins
Total Time4 hours hrs 25 minutes mins
Course: Main Course
Keyword: best prime rib recipe, prime rib recipes, slow cook prime rib, slow cooked prime rib
- 6 pound Bone-In Prime Rib Roast
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher salt or sea salt
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
See our Beef Temperature Chart for helpful tips on cooking any cut of beef!
Salt your prime rib roast all over with kosher or sea salt the day before you plan on cooking it. Refrigerate overnight, uncovered.
6 pound Bone-In Prime Rib Roast, 1 Tablespoon Kosher salt
When ready to roast, preheat oven to 200°F. Season roast with freshly cracked black pepper and olive oil and place on the rack of a roasting pan. Add to the oven and roast until the center reads 120°F (for medium-rare) using a meat thermometer, about 4 hours.
3 Tablespoons olive oil, 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
Remove roast from the oven and tent with foil for 20 minutes. Turn oven temperature up to 500°F. After 20 minutes is up and the oven is heated, remove the foil from the roast and add it back to the oven.
Sear for 10 to 15 minutes until browned and crisp. Allow to rest 15 minutes on a cutting board before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
- Always use a meat thermometer to get an accurate read on the temperature of your roast. Follow our beef temperature guide for best results.
- Salt your roast and keep it uncovered on the sheet pan with a rack in the refrigerator the night before roasting. Bring it to room temperature before adding it to the oven by allowing it to rest 2 hours outside of the fridge, for best results.
- Let your prime rib rest 15 to 20 minutes before carving to lock in the juices.
Calories: 1085kcal | Protein: 49g | Fat: 96g | Saturated Fat: 40g | Cholesterol: 219mg | Sodium: 884mg | Potassium: 806mg | Vitamin A: 5IU | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 5.2mg