Grilled Porterhouse Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
My Grilled Porterhouse Steak with Chimichurri Sauce is the steak you've been dreaming of! It's flavorful, juicy, and easy to cook up in under 20 minutes using super simple ingredients.
Servings: 2 steaks
- 2 Porterhouse Steaks about 1.25 pounds each
- 1 ½ Cups Fresh Parsley no stems
- ½ Cup Fresh Oregano no stems
- ⅓ Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons + 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 Tablespoons + 1 Teaspoon Coarse Ground Pepper
- 1 ½ Tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
- ½ Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- ¼ Teaspoon Crushed Red Peppers
Preheat the grill to high heat. Coat each steak, front and back, with about 1 tablespoon salt and 1 tablespoon pepper (per steak).
2 Porterhouse Steaks, 2 Tablespoons + 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt, 2 Tablespoons + 1 Teaspoon Coarse Ground Pepper
Sear the steak for 5 minutes on each side. Remove and let set for a couple minutes. While the steak is cooking or setting, finely mince the parsley and oregano.
½ Cup Fresh Oregano, 1 ½ Cups Fresh Parsley
Combine all remaining ingredients in a small bowl to make your Chimichurri Sauce, and mix well.
1 ½ Cups Fresh Parsley, ½ Cup Fresh Oregano, 2 Tablespoons + 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt, 2 Tablespoons + 1 Teaspoon Coarse Ground Pepper, 1 ½ Tablespoons White Wine Vinegar, ½ Tablespoon Minced Garlic, ¼ Teaspoon Crushed Red Peppers, ⅓ Cup Olive Oil
Drizzle the chimichurri sauce over the top of each steak. Serve and enjoy!
- 5 pound steaks cook on the grill until they’re medium rare, following this recipe. This is an internal temperature of 130 degrees Fahrenheit. Add 5 degrees for medium, 10 degrees, for well-done, and subtract 5 degrees for rare. Check our Steak Temperature Chart for help.
- If you want to make some gorgeous diamond grill marks, turn the steak 45 degrees halfway through each side’s grill time like we do in our Grilled New York Strip Steak recipe.
- If you don’t want a spicy chimichurri sauce, you can leave out the crushed red pepper.
- If you have a smaller or bigger steak, don’t focus on the time cooked, but the internal temperature. Use a meat thermometer for best results.
Calories: 1142kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 74g | Fat: 87g | Saturated Fat: 26g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 49g | Cholesterol: 190mg | Sodium: 7195mg | Potassium: 1550mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 4102IU | Vitamin C: 61mg | Calcium: 311mg | Iron: 15mg