Best Beef Recipes is an Amazon Associate. We receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
My easy Chimichurri Sauce for Steak is a must try for steak of all kinds! Take any steak dinner and make it restaurant-quality with my recipe for chimichurri sauce. It’s simple, uses just a few easy ingredients, and is ready in minutes after mixing in a bowl (and that’s all it takes!). You’re going to want to make extra - it’s that good!
Best Chimichurri Sauce Recipe
I love steak for dinner, whether I’m grilling out a Porterhouse, smoking a Tomahawk, or pan-frying a Ribeye. My family gets so excited every time I bring steaks home! One of my favorite things to do is to find new sauces to pair every cut of beef with, and among the best I've tried is my easy chimichurri sauce.
This simple chimichurri sauce recipe uses a handful of ingredients and is ready in just a couple of minutes. All you have to do is add the ingredients to a bowl and mix. It’s that easy, and it adds so much flavor to every steak you pair it with, without overpowering the beef!
Chimichurri sauce is one of the best flavor pairings with a hearty, juicy steak. It’s zesty, flavorful, and so good. I often want to eat it off the spoon all by itself. Give it a try and let me know what you think in the comments below! I’d love to hear about your steak dinner.
Chimichurri sauce uses fresh parsley, fresh oregano, sea salt, ground pepper, white wine vinegar, minced garlic, crushed red pepper, and olive oil.
Chimichurri sauce has a bright, herbaceous flavor with a hint of spice from red pepper flakes. It adds so much flavor to a steak without overpowering the beef.
Pesto is a combination of basil, garlic, hard cheese such as Parmesan, pine nuts, and olive oil, generally processed into a paste-like consistency, while chimichurri sauce does not use cheese or nuts, contains different spices, and has a more sauce-like texture than pesto.
Gremolata uses lemon zest and is typically served with fish. It contains less ingredients than chimichurri sauce.
Stored properly in an air-tight container, fresh chimichurri sauce will last for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
Chimichurri sauce pairs very well with beef, and goes best with steak recipes. We have plenty of steak dinner ideas to choose from that all pair well with chimichurri.
- Herb Scissors - these make it so easy to chop herbs.
- Garlic Smasher - mincing garlic has never been easier! If you don't have this tool, you need it.
What to Serve with Chimichurri Sauce
I love the reverse sear method on a steak and my reverse sear ribeye steak is out of this world with this chimichurri sauce on top!
Steak Sauce Recipes
My Favorite Kitchen Tools
- Maldon Sea Salt Flakes: The most amazing Maldon Salt. If you do nothing else, sprinkle a tiny bit of maldon salt on your recipes. I promise, it will change your recipes!
- Le Creuset Dutch Oven: I have had my Le Creuset Dutch Oven for many years. It is an amazing kitchen staple.
- Le Creuset Cast Iron Skillet: I love my Le Creuset Dutch Oven so much, I purchased this skillet. It is just amazing.
- Victorinox Swiss Army Slicing Knife: Hands down the best knife for slicing beef! This is a true kitchen staple.
- Yaxell Mon 8" Chef's Knife: I highly recommend everyone own a good chef's knife. It will make your chopping so much easier!
- Presto 16-inch Electric Foldaway Skillet: If you cook for a large family like I do, an electric skillet is an absolute must. It enables you to cook in large batches.
- All-Clad Slow Cooker, 7-Quart: I love slow cooker recipes. This is my current slow cooker and it does a great job.
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Did you try this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating below to let us know what you think! We love to hear from you!
Chimichurri Sauce for Steak
- 1 ½ Cups Fresh Parsley no stems
- ½ Cup Fresh Oregano no stems
- ⅓ Cup Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Coarse Ground Pepper
- 1 ½ Tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
- ½ Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- ¼ Teaspoon Crushed Red Peppers
- Finely mince the parsley and oregano.½ Cup Fresh Oregano, 1 ½ Cups Fresh Parsley
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.1 ½ Cups Fresh Parsley, ½ Cup Fresh Oregano, 1 teaspoon Sea Salt, 1 teaspoon Coarse Ground Pepper, 1 ½ Tablespoons White Wine Vinegar, ½ Tablespoon Minced Garlic, ¼ Teaspoon Crushed Red Peppers, ⅓ Cup Olive Oil
- Drizzle the chimichurri sauce over the top of each steak. Serve and enjoy!
- If you don’t want a spicy chimichurri sauce, you can leave out the crushed red pepper.