Best Beef Recipes is an Amazon Associate. We receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
My classic Keto Stuffed Bell Peppers with Beef is a perfect low-carb beef recipe for lunch or dinner! The whole family will love these delicious stuffed peppers filled with cauliflower rice, beef, and cheese. Ready in 45 minutes!
Easy Keto Stuffed Bell Peppers
I am always looking for new keto beef recipes to enjoy at home! My family loves stuffed peppers, so I thought - why not make keto stuffed peppers? And let me tell you, these low carb stuffed peppers are a hit. They love them and now I get asked to make them regularly!
My keto stuffed peppers recipe is easy and packed with flavor from cauliflower rice, seasoned ground beef, and cheese. They have everything you love about classic stuffed bell peppers, made with keto-friendly ingredients.
I know you'll be hooked on these keto bell peppers with beef! They are crave-worthy and so simple to make in just 45 minutes. Give them a try!
Yes! They are naturally low in carbs, making bell peppers a perfect choice for a keto meal plan.
I cook my keto bell peppers before stuffing them. By roasting them for 15 minutes with oil and a little seasoning, they'll be nice and crispy when stuffed. It just adds an extra layer of flavor to the whole meal.
Yes! You can stuff the peppers a day ahead of time and bake the next day.
Stored in an airtight container, keto stuffed peppers will last about 3 days in the refrigerator. Reheat in the microwave in a microwave-safe dish, or in the oven at 350°F covered in foil, until heated through.
Yes. Allow the peppers to cool after baking, then transfer to a freezer-safe baking dish or another freezer-safe container to store. Label with the freezing date and store for up to 3-6 months. Bake straight out of the freezer at 350°F for 30 minutes when ready to enjoy.
As long as you use gluten-free tomato sauce, my keto stuffed bell peppers are completely gluten-free.
This recipe is keto friendly. Try more of our Best Keto Beef Recipes!
- Fontina and Parmesan cheese: You can use other cheeses, like mozzarella, gouda, gruyere, and provolone. In place of Parmesan, you can use romano.
Best Keto Beef Recipes
- Cheesy Keto Meatloaf
- Keto Taco Casserole
- Keto Hamburger Casserole
- Instant Pot Salisbury Steak
- Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli
Did you try this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating below to let us know what you think! We love to hear from you!
Keto Stuffed Peppers with Beef
- 9x13-inch baking dish
- Large skillet
- Wooden spoon or spatula
- Cutting board
- 3 bell peppers any color
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ medium-sized onion diced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup prepared cauliflower rice
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ¾ cup tomato sauce
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup shredded fontina cheese divided
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes more or less to taste
- Fresh basil or parsley for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Oil a large (9x13”) baking dish.
- Halve the peppers and clean out the seeds and membranes. Rub a little olive oil on the inside of each pepper. Place in baking dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes, until peppers are soft but undercooked. Remove from oven and set aside.3 bell peppers, Salt and pepper, 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the remaining olive oil and saute the onion until soft, about 3 minutes. Add in the ground beef and cook until no longer pink. Drain off any fat if necessary.2 tablespoons olive oil, ½ medium-sized onion, 1 pound ground beef
- Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about one minute. Stir in the tomato sauce, cauliflower rice, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes. Cook for about 2 minutes more.1 tablespoon Italian seasoning, ¾ cup tomato sauce, 3 cloves garlic, Salt and pepper, 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, 1 cup prepared cauliflower rice
- Turn off heat and stir in half of the fontina cheese and all of the parmesan. Spoon this mixture into the par-baked peppers. Top each one with remaining fontina.1 cup shredded fontina cheese, ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Lower oven temperature to 350°F and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until cheese is melted and pepper is soft and tender, and edges are starting to brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for just a couple minutes. Sprinkle with fresh basil or parsley if desired and serve warm.Fresh basil or parsley for garnishing
- Fontina and parmesan cheeses are used here to add to the Italian flavorings in this stuffed pepper recipe, but feel free to substitute other cheeses. Mozzarella can be used instead of the fontina. Gouda, gruyere, or provolone are all fine substitutes for the fontina as well. Romano could also be used in place of the parmesan.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Reheat in the microwave, or in the oven at 350°F covered in foil, until heated through