Best Beef Recipes is an Amazon Associate. We receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
Our Keto Taco Casserole blends everything you love about your favorite taco recipe into an easy low carb casserole the whole family will eat up! Perfect for a family dinner or a potluck, this delicious keto taco bake takes under an hour to make using simple ingredients.
Taco night is a big deal in my household. We all have our favorite taco recipe, and one of my favorite things to do is set up a bar for everyone to assemble their own tacos.
But what's even easier, and a recipe we all love is this keto taco recipe. It's made using the best taco ingredients, and because it's a casserole, I can prepare it at the start of the week for us to enjoy all week long!
I guarantee your family is going to love this keto taco pie. It is low-carb, gluten-free, and so delicious. Perfect for making ahead of time as part of your meal prep plans or for a party like a potluck or game day.
Keto Taco Seasoning
- chili powder
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- red pepper flakes
- dried oregano
- ground cumin
One of my secrets to making the best low carb taco casserole is to use homemade taco seasoning. Something that always frustrates me about different taco seasoning mixes is that there's always a little something I'd like to adjust about them.
Making homemade taco seasoning is the easiest way to get all the flavors you love into one simple blend. It's simple to do and so worth it! You can use store-bought taco seasoning, but if you have the necessary spices on hand I recommend making it yourself.
Keto Taco Pie Toppings
- Extra cheese
Our favorite toppings for our keto Mexican taco casserole are exactly what you'd use for tacos in shells. I personally love avocado and tomato slices for freshness, and always enjoy jalapenos for a little extra spice.
Pico de gallo or simply cilantro would also be great additions to our low carb taco casserole recipe. If you're not worried about keeping it strictly keto, you can also add fresh corn and black beans.
You may also like
Frequently Asked Questions
This recipe is enough for 6 servings. Each serving has about 8 carbs.
Yes! Sour cream has a lot of fat content with low carb content, so it's perfect for a keto diet. We use sour cream as part of our keto taco casserole filling.
Shredded cheddar is our cheese of choice for this recipe. You can also use a shredded Mexican cheese blend, Colby Jack, or your favorite shredded cheese that melts well.
Add a little spice by giving it a dash of hot sauce or by adding jalapenos.
Avoid adding jalapenos and use less or no red pepper flakes in the seasoning.
Beef Keto Recipes
Try more of our favorite keto beef recipes!
- Keto Beef and Broccoli
- Homemade Salisbury Steak
- Low Carb Hamburger Casserole
- Herb Garlic Butter Recipe
- Lettuce Wraps with Ground Beef
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Check out our Keto Taco Casserole Stew Web Story!
Did you try this recipe for taco casserole? Leave a comment and a rating below to let us know what you think! We love to hear from you!
Keto Taco Casserole with Ground Beef
Keto Taco Casserole
- 1 pound ground beef 80/20 or leaner
- ½ onion diced
- 1 pepper diced
- 1 ounce package taco seasoning or 2 Tbsp. homemade taco seasoning
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 10 ounce can diced tomatoes with green chilies undrained
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 jalapeno sliced
Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 11 x 7-inch pan with cooking spray. Cook ground beef in a skillet over medium heat for 10-12 minutes until browned.
- Add pepper and onion and saute for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add taco seasoning, diced tomatoes and green chilies, and water, and simmer over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Spread taco meat in the bottom of the oiled baking dish.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs, milk, and sour cream together.
- Spread over the beef mixture and top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until the eggs are firm. Let cool for 10-15 minutes, then top with jalapenos and avocado. Serve and enjoy!