Best Beef Recipes is an Amazon Associate. We receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
Our Air Fried Steak recipe will be your new favorite way to cook steak! 🥩 Rubbed with seasoning and topped with the best ever garlic butter sauce, these steaks perfectly cook in 8 minutes and are full of flavor.
Just one bite and you will want to make steak in air fryer again and again!
Can you air fry steak?
If the title didn't give us away already, yes! You can air fry steak. It's no secret that we love steak dinner recipes. What could be better than a perfectly cooked, juicy cut of beef, like a Reverse Sear Ribeye or Grilled Chuck Steak? The only answer is adding garlic butter sauce and cooking it in your air fryer!
We promise, you are going to love this recipe! It's crisp on the outside and so juicy in the center. And, the best part is, you can make it using your favorite cut of beef using our air fryer steak tips.
Garlic Butter Sauce for Steak
If you have yet to try Garlic Butter Sauce on your steaks, it is a total must. Garlic herb butter is delicious and makes beef even juicier with deeper flavor. We top just about everything with garlic butter sauce. It is just that delicious!
What cut of beef should I use?
You can use any cut of steak you prefer for this recipe, but if you're using a thinner steak, keep in mind that your cook time may vary.
We use filet mignon in air fryer, and they turn out beautifully medium-rare at 4 minutes on each side.
We use Chicago steak seasoning. Just salt and pepper works well, too. Give it a hearty coating!
Another perfect choice is this Dry Rub for Steak. It's full of flavor and works beautifully on air fried steak. We recommend trying it!
You can also try the Santa Maria rub we use for our Grilled Picanha Steak (Sirloin Cap Steak).
How to Air Fry Steak
- If your beef is thicker than the steaks shown here, you may need to cook it for an extra minute on each side.
- Use a meat thermometer. We always recommend using a meat thermometer. If they aren't done, cook them for a minute longer on each side until they reach temperature.
- Always cut steak against the grain for the most tender bites of steak. The grain looks like lines running through the steak.
- Keep the size of your air fryer in mind. You don't want to overcrowd! You may be able to fit about 4 steaks at a time in your air fryer oven using two racks.
Cooking a steak in the air fryer is truly so easy. You will not believe how beautiful they turn out, too! You can easily control the cook time to make sure they cook to your desired degree of doneness every time.
The best part about this air fried steak recipe is that it works for any cut of steak. Use your favorite cut of steak and adjust the cook time based on the thickness of the steaks.
Degree of Doneness
Follow this steak temperature chart for an easy guide to steak degrees of doneness. Using this chart and a meat thermometer will ensure you cook the perfect steaks every time!
- Rare: 125°F
- Medium rare: 135°F
- Medium: 145°F
- Medium well: 150°F
- Well done: 160°F
Is this recipe gluten-free?
Yes! This air fried steak has no ingredients containing gluten, so you can easily enjoy it on a gluten-free diet.
Is air fried steak keto-friendly?
Yes! When you air fry steak, you're using less oil than traditional frying. Top it off with garlic butter, and this is a perfect keto steak recipe.
Air Fryer Reverse Sear Steak
We love to reverse sear steak, but have good news: you will not have to do any extra cooking for a beautiful sear on your beef. The fryer does all of the work, from cooking the beef to perfection to searing it, too.
Try more of our steak dinner recipes below!
- Beef Chuck Tender Steak
- Grilled Rib Eye Steak Recipe with Garlic Butter
- London Broil on Grill
- Grilled New York Strip Steak
Did you try this air fryer filet mignon? We would love to know what you think! Leave a comment and a rating below to give us your feedback. It's important to us!
And don't forget to save the recipe on Pinterest for later. When you make it, we'd love to see a picture. Snap a photo of your air fryer steak recipes and share it with us on Pinterest!
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Check out our Air Fried Steak Web Story!
Air Fried Steak Recipe
- Air fryer
- 2 six oz. filet mignon steaks or steak cut of your choice
- 2 Tablespoons Chicago steak seasoning or seasoning of your choice
- 2 Tablespoons garlic butter sauce
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons Chicago steak seasoning or seasoning of your choice on each side of two 6 oz. filet mignon steaks. Pat down the seasoning.
- Add to a covered plate and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to overnight to marinate. When ready to cook, brush each side of both steaks with 1 tablespoon each of olive oil. Place the filets on the rack in the air fryer and cook for approximately 4 minutes at 390°F.
- After 4 minutes, flip the filets and cook for approximately 4 minutes more. Remove the air fried steaks and top each filet with 1 tablespoon garlic butter. Let the steaks rest for 10 minutes before cutting.
- Garlic butter recipe link
- Using thick steaks. If your steaks are thicker than the steaks shown here, you may need to cook them for an extra minute on each side.
- Use a meat thermometer. To
check if the steaks have reached your desired degree of doneness, we
always recommend using a meat thermometer. If they aren’t quite where
you need them to be, cook them for a minute longer on each side until
you reach the desired results.
- Cut against the grain. Always
cut steak against the grain for the most tender bites of steak. The
grain looks like lines running through the steak. You will easily be
able to see them before and after cooking.
Photography by Kristen King