Best Beef Recipes is an Amazon Associate. We receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
The easiest way to make Salisbury steak! Our Instant Pot Salisbury Steak Recipe with Keto Gravy is quick and easy to make and tastes absolutely amazing.
Easy Salisbury steak is a perfect dinner for the whole family! It's simple and quick to make even on a busy day.
The best part? Keto gravy is the perfect solution for enjoying beef gravy on a low carb diet.
What is Salisbury steak?
Salisbury steak is similar to a hamburger steak. You make Salisbury steak with ground beef, plenty of seasonings, and filling ingredients like eggs, onions, and sometimes bread crumbs.
Usually, you serve the hamburger steak with gravy and mushrooms. Mushrooms pair deliciously with Salisbury steak gravy! The ingredients in the steak and gravy give it a unique and wonderful taste and texture you are sure to love.
Difference Between Salisbury Steak and Hamburger Steak
The difference between Salisbury steak and regular hamburger steak is simply the ingredients you use to prepare the ground beef!
Although both are made using seasoned ground beef, Salisbury steak typically contains additional seasonings and ingredients that a regular hamburger steak.
This recipe uses eggs, onions, coconut flour, Worcestershire sauce, and Dijon mustard. This gives it an amazing taste and texture. It is also keto-friendly, gluten free and so delicious!
Is Keto Salisbury Steak Gluten-free?
Most Salisbury steak recipes are not gluten-free. We all know grandma's recipe tastes amazing, but it probably has bread crumbs in it!
Our keto Salisbury steak recipe is completely gluten-free! By using coconut flour and no bread crumbs, you can enjoy this easy steak and gravy recipe on a gluten-free diet.
This recipe is keto friendly. Try more of our Best Keto Beef Recipes!
Easy Keto Recipes
We love cooking up easy low carb recipes perfect for a keto diet! Here are some of our favorites we know you'll love.
- Easy Keto Hamburger Casserole Recipe
- Cheesy Keto Meatloaf
- Keto Taco Casserole with Beef
- Keto Beef and Broccoli (Instant Pot Recipe)
- Easy Korean Beef Bulgogi Bowls
- Ground Beef Lettuce Wraps with Peri Peri Sauce
Did you try this recipe? Let us know in the comments below and with a rating! We love to hear from you. Don't forget to save on Pinterest for later!
This was so good!@sharyljean
Yum!!! It was delicious!@tishstump
I made this tonight and it was truly amazing so tender and juicy. Will definitely be making it again.@bz4u22003
Fantastic and Super Moist!@supplee2
Check out our Instant Pot Salisbury Steak Web Story!
Instant Pot Salisbury Steak Recipe with Keto Gravy
Salisbury Steak Ingredients
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ medium onion finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ⅓ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Keto Gravy Ingredients
- ½ medium onion chopped
- ½ pound cremini mushrooms sliced
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 pound lean ground beef, ½ medium chopped onion, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, 1 tablespoon coconut flour,⅓ teaspoon ground pepper, and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Mix well, and then form into 4 large patties. Or, form 6 for smaller patties. Set your Instant Pot to saute mode. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and brown the steaks for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Remove the steaks from the pot and set aside. Add ½ medium chopped onion and cook until translucent. Turn off saute mode. Add ½ pound cremini mushrooms, ½ medium chopped onion, ¼ cup heavy cream, 1 cup beef broth, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, and salt and pepper to taste to the pot.Place the steaks on top of the gravy ingredients in the pot. Replace the Instant Pot lid and set to manual high pressure for 5 minutes. Make sure the vent is in the Sealing position.
- When 5 minutes are up, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes. Then, quick-release the pressure. Make sure to use a towel or oven mitt to cover your hand when releasing the pressure.Open the lid and remove the Salisbury steaks to set aside.
- OPTIONAL STEP: If using xanthan gum, remove 1 cup of liquid from the gravy in the pot and mix it with ½ teaspoon xanthan gum. Mix well. Add the mixture back to the pot and stir until it thickens. Spoon the mushroom gravy from the pot on top of the steaks. Serve, and enjoy!
- You want your ground beef as lean as possible to avoid your gravy becoming greasy!
- Xanthan gum is a great thickener for keto gravy in place of usual thickeners.
- Our Salisbury Steak recipe is keto-friendly and gluten-free! Enjoy!