This post may contain paid links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
My Chili Mac Recipe is a comforting, hearty meal everyone at the dinner table loves! Beefy, cheesy, and so flavorful, this is an easy dinner recipe you can always count on to make you smile.
Plus, it takes under 15 minutes to make in just a few steps using simple ingredients!
My family absolutely loves this easy Instant Pot recipe. I love how easy it is to whip up during a busy weeknight. This is my favorite Instant Pot recipe. Here's why -
- It's so easy! Hardly any effort goes into making this easy chili mac recipe.
- Simple ingredients! This dish uses simple ingredients only. You may have most of them on hand already!
- Quick to make! When we say this recipe takes less than 15 minutes to make, we mean it. It is ready in a snap!
- It's just so yummy! Even the pickiest of eaters will love this chili mac and cheese.
My recipe for chili mac is tasty, filling and so easy to make in no time. Plus, you make it all in just one pot! What could be better?
Chili Mac Recipe Ingredients
- olive oil
- ground beef
- onion chopped
- minced garlic
- seasoning mix
- diced tomatoes
- beef broth
- pinto beans drained
- shredded cheddar cheese
- tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Chili Mac in the Instant Pot
- Set your Instant Pot to saute mode. Once hot, add olive oil. Allow the oil to heat, then add in ½ onion and minced garlic. Cook down for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Add ground beef to the pot and cook until browned, breaking down as the beef cooks. Allow it to sear a little on one side before you start to break it up, for best results.
- Once beef browns, add chili seasoning mix plus salt and pepper to taste, then pour in pinto beans and beef broth. Finally, add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and pasta. Make sure the pasta is submerged!
- Lock the lid into place and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes. Quick release when the time is up. To finish the dish, mix in milk and shredded cheddar cheese. Stir well until fully mixed through.
Chili Mac and Cheese Recipe Tips
- Want a slightly more al dente pasta? Cook for around 3 minutes instead of 5.
- Scrape up those brown bits from the bottom of the pot! This will add so much flavor to your chili pasta.
- Try adding your favorite chili toppings! We keep it simple with our ground beef mac and cheese, but you can add toppings like cilantro, tomatoes, onion, or even jalapenos if you like.
Chili Mac FAQs
Chili with macaroni is so easy to make ahead of time! Follow the instructions to prepare the ground beef and beans, then store for up to 3 days ahead of time. When ready to serve, add the beef back to your Instant Pot. Follow the instructions to add the tomato sauce and pasta, then cook and finish the dish.
Cheddar cheese is definitely a favorite but you can use almost any type of these that melts easily.
Instant Pot Chili Mac Variations
You can have a lot of fun making our Instant Pot Chili Mac recipe exactly how you like it! Try mixing up which cheeses and seasonings you use until you find your perfect combination. Here are a few suggestions:
- Use your favorite cheese: We use cheddar cheese, but you can try other cheeses like Monterey Jack or a Mexican cheese blend. Use your favorite melty cheese!
- Mix up the seasoning: We use a chili seasoning mix, but you can use your favorite seasonings for chili to put a personal spin on this dish.
- Try different pasta shapes, penne, cavatelli, or campenelle.
Best Ground Beef Recipes
- Ground Beef Casserole
- Korean Ground Beef
- Hamburger Casserole
- Instant Pot Goulash
- Ground Beef Stroganoff
- Homemade Chili Recipe
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Did you try this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating below to let us know what you think! We love to hear from you!
Chili Mac Recipe
See our Beef Temperature Chart for helpful tips on cooking any cut of beef!
- Set your Instant Pot to saute mode. Once hot, add 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Allow the oil to heat, then add in ½ a chopped onion and 1 Tbsp. minced garlic. Cook down for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Add 1 lb. ground beef to the pot and cook until browned, breaking down as the beef cooks. Allow it to sear a little on one side before you start to break it up, for best results.
- Once beef browns, add 2 Tbsp. chili seasoning mix plus salt and pepper to taste, then pour in 1 can drained pinto beans and 5 cups beef broth. Finally, add ½ small can tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and 16 oz. uncooked pasta. Make sure the pasta is submerged!
- Lock the lid into place and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes. Quick release when the time is up. To finish the dish, mix in 1 cup milk and 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese. Stir well until fully mixed through.