Best Beef Recipes is an Amazon Associate. We receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
Our Instant Pot Chili Mac and Cheese is a comforting, hearty meal everyone at the dinner table loves! Beefy, cheesy, and so flavorful, this is an easy dinner recipe you can always count on to make you smile.
Plus, it takes under 15 minutes to make in just a few steps using simple ingredients!
What makes this the best chili mac recipe ever?
- It's so easy! Hardly any effort goes into making this easy chili mac recipe.
- Simple ingredients! This dish uses simple ingredients only. You may have most of them on hand already!
- Quick to make! When we say this recipe takes less than 15 minutes to make, we mean it. It is ready in a snap!
- It's just so yummy! Even the pickiest of eaters will love this chili mac and cheese.
Our recipe for chili mac is tasty, filling, and so easy to make in no time. Plus, you make it all in just one pot! What could be better?
- Want a slightly more al dente pasta? Cook for around 3 minutes instead of 5.
- Scrape up those brown bits from the bottom of the pot! This will add so much flavor to your chili pasta.
- Try adding your favorite chili toppings! We keep it simple with our ground beef mac and cheese, but you can add toppings like cilantro, tomatoes, onion, or even jalapenos, if you like.
This is one of the best leftover chili recipes. If you have leftover chili, try using it in this dish! Add more tomato sauce to submerge the pasta, then finish the recipe as instructed.
Can I make this dish ahead of time?
Chili with macaroni is so easy to make ahead of time! Follow the instructions to prepare the ground beef and beans, then store for up to 3 days ahead of time.
When ready to serve, add the beef back to your Instant Pot. Follow the instructions to add the tomato sauce and pasta, then cook and finish the dish.
You can have a lot of fun making our Instant Pot Chili Mac recipe exactly how you like it! Try mixing up which cheeses and seasonings you use until you find your perfect combination. Here are a few suggestions:
- Use your favorite cheese: We use cheddar cheese, but you can try other cheeses like Monterey Jack or a Mexican cheese blend. Use your favorite melty cheese!
- Mix up the seasoning: We use a chili seasoning mix, but you can use your favorite seasonings for chili to put a personal spin on this dish.
Try different pasta shapes: Classic elbow macaroni is the obvious choice for this dish, but you can vary it up by using other fun pasta shapes like pipe rigate, cavatappi, or even radiatori.
If you use a different pasta, be mindful of the cook time - you may want to cook for less time!
What to Serve with Chili Mac
- Slices of crusty bread. Try this French Bread Recipe.
- A simple side salad. Try this House Salad Recipe.
- Simple veggies. Try this Roasted Broccoli Recipe.
Ground Beef Dinner Recipes
- Best Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
- Beef Bolognese Sauce with Pappardelle
- Portuguese Beef Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- Instant Pot Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes
- Comforting Instant Pot Hamburger Soup - You'll love this one!
- Easy Keto Hamburger Casserole Recipe
This was so good!@sharyljean
Yum!!! It was delicious!@tishstump
I made this tonight and it was truly amazing so tender and juicy. Will definitely be making it again.@bz4u22003
Fantastic and Super Moist!@supplee2
Save the Video Pin
Check out our Chili Mac Web Story!
Did you try this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating below to let us know what you think! We love to hear from you!
Instant Pot Chili Mac and Cheese
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ½ onion chopped
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. chili seasoning mix
- 1 14 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 5 cups beef broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 15.5 oz. can pinto beans drained
- 16 oz. boxed pasta
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ 3.5 oz. can tomato sauce small can
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Set your Instant Pot to saute mode. Once hot, add 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Allow the oil to heat, then add in ½ a chopped onion and 1 Tbsp. minced garlic. Cook down for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Add 1 lb. ground beef to the pot and cook until browned, breaking down as the beef cooks. Allow it to sear a little on one side before you start to break it up, for best results.
- Once beef browns, add 2 Tbsp. chili seasoning mix plus salt and pepper to taste, then pour in 1 can drained pinto beans and 5 cups beef broth. Finally, add ½ small can tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and 16 oz. uncooked pasta. Make sure the pasta is submerged!
- Lock the lid into place and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes. Quick release when the time is up. To finish the dish, mix in 1 cup milk and 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese. Stir well until fully mixed through.