Best Beef Recipes is an Amazon Associate. We receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
With layers of seasoned ground beef, creamy bechamel sauce, cheese, and tender lasagna noodles, my Instant Pot Lasagna Recipe makes a delicious and easy meal any day of the week. Using simple ingredients and your pressure cooker, you can make this easy meat lasagna recipe in under an hour!
Best Instant Pot Lasagna Recipe
You could say ground beef recipes are our specialty! We love cooking with ground beef. It's easy and budget-friendly; recipes with ground beef always make the best family meals.
This ground beef lasagna recipe is one of our favorites. It's an easy recipe for lasagna with so much flavor from the seasoned beef and creamy homemade bechamel sauce.
We'll show you how to make lasagna step by step in your Instant Pot, including our meat sauce recipe, bechamel, and how to layer lasagna. This recipe is perfectly served with our instant pot meatballs.
I had no idea lasagna could be this easy and quick. This really made me fall in love with lasagna all over again.Jordan on Pinterest
Instant Pot Lasagna FAQS
Good news: no! Springform pans make it easy to remove the lasagna in Instant Pot, but you can use a round baking pan if you don't have one.
I use oven-ready lasagna noodles as they are the easiest to work with. They are partially cooked already, so they absorb less liquid. However, you can use regular noodles to make our bechamel lasagna recipe if you want. But, you will need to compensate with extra meat sauce and may need to increase the cooking time.
Most lasagna recipes contain between three to four layers. Our pressure cooker lasagna has three layers.
My ground beef lasagna recipe uses a homemade bechamel sauce, also called white sauce. We layer it between the meat and cheese twice, and then again on top of the final layer of noodles before topping everything off with cheese.
Yes! This is a perfect make-ahead lasagna recipe. Assemble everything as instructed, wrap in foil, then store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days before cooking.
How to Store Lasagna with Bechamel Sauce
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. You can also freeze lasagna!
How to Freeze Lasagna
- Follow the instructions to cook your lasagna. Allow it to cool.
- Remove to a freezer-safe baking dish and cover tightly with foil. Label with the freezing date.
- Store in the freezer for 2-3 months.
How to Reheat Lasagna
You can reheat your meat lasagna recipe right in the Instant Pot.
- Cover leftovers tightly with foil in a heat-proof dish. Make a sling by folding foil into a rectangular strip to make it easy to lift out of the pot.
- Add 1 cup of water to your pot and place the trivet inside. Set the dish on the trivet.
- Set to Steam for 5 minutes. Quick-release the pressure, and there you have it! Perfectly reheated lasagna.
Need a "set it and forget it" recipe? Try our easy Slow Cooker Lasagna for a longer lasagna cook time and a dish that's pure deliciousness.
Instant Pot Lasagna Recipes Tips
- You can brown the top of your lasagna by placing it under the oven broiler for 1-2 minutes.
- We like to remove our lasagna from the pan to place in a glass dish to serve for a prettier presentation.
Best Instant Pot Beef Recipes
- Instant Pot Hamburger Soup
- Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli
- Instant Pot Steak Pizzaiola
- Instant Pot Beef Stew
- Instant Pot Salisbury Steak
- For more meat sauce recipes, try Sugo di Carne!
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Did you try this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating below to let us know what you think! We love to hear from you!
Instant Pot Lasagna Recipe
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 24 oz. jar marinara sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup Parmesan
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 Tbsp. garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- oven-ready lasagna noodles
Bechamel Sauce Recipe
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 sprinkle salt
See our Beef Temperature Chart for helpful tips on cooking any cut of beef!
How to Make Meat Sauce
- Set Instant Pot to saute mode. Add 1 Tbsp. olive oil to the pot. When hot, add 1 lb. ground beef.
- Cook until it just begins to brown, then add in garlic powder, Italian seasoning, 1 small chopped onion and 2 Tbsp. minced garlic. Cook about 3 minutes until onions are translucent and beef is browned.
- Add in 1 jar marinara sauce and stir until fully mixed. Then, pour the mixture into a separate bowl and clean out the inside of your Instant Pot.
How to Make Bechamel
- Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in a pan over low heat. Sprinkle in 2 Tbsp. flour. Cook until the mixture just begins to brown, then slowly pour in 2 cups milk while whisking. Continue cooking until the sauce thickens. Finish it with salt.For more detailed instructions, follow this guide: How to Make Bechamel Sauce.
- Line your springform pan or round baking dish with parchment paper. Add an even layer of meat sauce.
- Add a layer of oven-ready lasagna noodles, breaking up as necessary to cover the meat sauce.
- Top with another layer of meat sauce. Spread ⅓ of your bechamel sauce over the meat sauce.
- Top with a handful of mozzarella cheese and a sprinkle of Parmesan.
- Place another layer of noodles over the cheese.Repeat the layers by starting again with the meat sauce. Layer in this order: meat, bechamel, shredded cheese, lasagna noodles. On the final layer, top with noodles, then your remaining bechamel sauce and shredded cheese.
- Cover the lasagna tightly in foil. Create a sling by folding a long sheet of foil into a rectangular strip. Use this strip as a "handle" to lift the pan in and out of the Instant Pot.
- Add 1 cup of water to your Instant Pot. Place the trivet in the pot, then add the covered lasagna with the foil sling underneath.
- Cook on high pressure for 20 minutes. Quick release, then serve and enjoy!
Phyllis Janowski says
What size jar of marinara sauce?
Isabel Laessig says
Hi Phyllis, I am so sorry that was information was omitted. Here is the correct size -24 oz. jar of marinara
STEVE M. says
Looks really good. More pressure cookers are coming with an air fryer lid. Instead of the oven, how about utilizing this feature, for browning / finishing purposes, in lieu of an oven?
Em Beitel says
Steve, that's a great idea! We love using the air fryer - we'll look into air fryer instructions for browning. Thank you for the suggestion!