Best Beef Recipes is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
Instant Pot Hamburger Soup is hearty, warm, and wholesome! Using canned veggies and ground beef, this is a flavorful but easy soup recipe that’s ready in no time using your pressure cooker. It’s comfort food heaven!
Best Hamburger Soup Recipe
Not only is it super delicious, but it’s so easy to make. It’s budget-friendly, wholesome, and so flavorful. We love it for a cold day or when we just want the perfect bowl of comfort food.
This is one of the best ground beef soup recipes you will ever make. Give it a try – we know you and your family will love it as much as we do!
Hamburger stew is a versatile recipe! You can use whatever canned vegetables you like. We recommend corn, green beans, and peas. If you like a little spice you could even add some sliced jalapenos.
- For the olive oil, you can use any vegetable oil as a substitute.
- If you like, you can also use lean ground pork along with the beef. Use half beef, half pork.
- Russet potatoes are the best potato to use for this recipe.
- Italian seasoning is optional, but adds even more flavor to the soup!
Is hamburger soup gluten-free?
Yes! All of the ingredients for this Instant Pot beef soup are gluten-free.
Double check the beef broth. Some varieties may contain gluten. Brands like Swanson have gluten-free stocks and broths, but it’s always good to check!
Can hamburger soup be frozen?
Yes, you can freeze hamburger soup! Store in an airtight container.
Hamburger soup is great for freezing and enjoying later. We fit it into our meal prep plans all of the time!
Liquid expands when frozen, so make sure the container is big enough to leave a little bit of room at the top. Leave about 1-2 inches of space above the soup in the container.
You can also freeze soup in freezer-safe bags.
📖 Instant Pot Hamburger Recipes
Ground beef Instant Pot recipes make some of the best comfort food. They are so easy to cook in so little time! And what could be better comfort food than hamburger potato soup?
We love how easy Instant Pot vegetable beef soup is to make. It makes it so easy to serve up a delicious, hearty beef dinner recipe the whole family will love.
Try more of our favorite Instant Pot hamburger recipes:
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Check out our Hamburger Soup Web Story!
Did you try this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating below to let us know what you think! We love to hear from you!
Instant Pot Hamburger Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 large carrots chopped large
- 4 medium potatoes chopped large
- 1-2 sticks celery finely chopped
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cups vegetables your choice, canned (see notes)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Italian seasoning optional
- Turn on the sauté option of your Instant Pot. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and add 1 finely chopped onion and 2 cloves minced garlic. Stir for about 1-2 minutes, until translucent. Add 1 pound ground beef and cook until browned, stirring from time to time.
- Stir in 1-2 sticks chopped celery, 4 large chopped carrots, 4 medium chopped potatoes, 1 tablespoon tomato paste, and 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes.
- Add 4 cups beef broth, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, 2 bay leaves, and salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning (if using) to taste.Stir in canned vegetables.
- Close the lid and make sure the valve is in the Sealing position. Turn to Manual on high pressure and set the time to 8 minutes.When 8 minutes is up, let the pressure release naturally. If you are in a rush, wait 10 minutes, then carefully release it manually.Carefully open the lid. Stir, serve, and enjoy!
- If you like, you can use a mix of pork and beef for additional flavor. Make sure the meat is as lean as possible so that it doesn’t release much grease.
- You can drain the fat released from the meat during cooking if desired.
- The best vegetables to use: corn, green beans, green peas.
Photography by Daniela Lambova.