This post may contain paid links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Instant Pot Hamburger Soup is hearty, warm, and wholesome! Using canned veggies and ground beef, this is a flavorful but easy soup recipe that's ready in no time using your pressure cooker. It's comfort food heaven!
Instant Pot Hamburger Soup
Not only is it super delicious, but it's so easy to make. It's budget-friendly, wholesome, and so flavorful. We love it for a cold day or when we just want the perfect bowl of comfort food.
This is one of the best ground beef instant pot recipes you will ever make. Give it a try - we know you and your family will love it as much as we do!
Love it! ❤️ Going to make it again . My family loved it.Brenda on Pinterest
Hamburger Soup Ingredients
- olive oil
- ground beef
- onion finely chopped
- garlic cloves minced
- 4 carrots chopped large
- potatoes chopped large
- celery finely chopped
- beef broth
- bay leaves
- Worcestershire sauce
- diced tomatoes
- tomato paste
- vegetables of your choice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Italian seasoning
How to make Hamburger Soup
- Turn on the sauté option of your Instant Pot.
- Heat olive oil and add finely chopped onion and minced garlic. Stir for about 1-2 minutes, until translucent.
- Add ground beef and cook until browned, stirring from time to time.
- Stir in chopped celery, chopped carrots, chopped potatoes, tomato paste, and can of diced diced tomatoes.
- Add beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, bay leaves, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning to taste. Stir in canned vegetables.
- Close the lid and make sure the valve is in the Sealing position. Turn to Manual on high pressure and set the time to 8 minutes. When 8 minutes is up, let the pressure release naturally. If you are in a rush, wait 10 minutes, then carefully release it manually. Carefully open the lid. Stir, serve, and enjoy!
Hamburger Soup Recipe FAQs
All of the ingredients for this Instant Pot beef soup are gluten-free.
Please Double-check the beef broth. Some varieties may contain gluten.
Hamburger soup is a perfect make-ahead freezer meal. Store it in an airtight container.
Leave about 1-2 inches of space above the soup in the container as the liquid may expand as it freezes.
You can also freeze this soup in freezer bags.
Yes, you can make slow cooker hamburger soup easily! Using all the same ingredients, add everything to your slow cooker, stir to mix, then cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or on low for 6 to 8 hours, until the potatoes are nicely soft.
Ground Beef Vegetable Soup Recipe Tips
- I always use extra lean ground beef because it has less fat. This will help you to skip draining the fat. There's still a little bit of fat left, it adds flavor to the soup. If you do use fattier ground beef, you will need to drain some of the fat so the soup doesn't have too much oil.
- You can use fresh vegetables instead of canned vegetables if you prefer. Just add them in at the same time as the carrots and potatoes.
Best Instant Pot Ground Beef Recipes
- Instant Pot Italian Wedding Soup
- Instant Pot Chili Mac and Cheese
- Instant Pot Meatballs
- Instant Pot Goulash
- Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
- Instant Pot Lasagna
More Ground Beef Recipes
- Taco Soup
- Try making hamburger soup using Crockpot Taco Meat! If you love a good burger recipe that is super easy to prepare and feeds a crowd, my hamburger casserole is perfection!
- Pastelillos de Carne (Puerto Rican Empanadas)
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders Recipe
- Easy Keto Hamburger Casserole
- Impossible Cheeseburger Pie
And if you love soups and stews, you will love my Beef Bourguignon!
Try more of our most Popular Best Beef Recipes!
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Did you try this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating below to let us know what you think! We love to hear from you!
Instant Pot Hamburger Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 large carrots chopped large
- 4 medium potatoes chopped large
- 1-2 sticks celery finely chopped
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cups vegetables your choice, canned (see notes)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Italian seasoning optional
See our Beef Temperature Chart for helpful tips on cooking any cut of beef!
- Turn on the sauté option of your Instant Pot. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and add 1 finely chopped onion and 2 cloves minced garlic. Stir for about 1-2 minutes, until translucent. Add 1 pound ground beef and cook until browned, stirring from time to time.
- Stir in 1-2 sticks chopped celery, 4 large chopped carrots, 4 medium chopped potatoes, 1 tablespoon tomato paste, and 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes.
- Add 4 cups beef broth, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, 2 bay leaves, and salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning (if using) to taste.Stir in canned vegetables.
- Close the lid and make sure the valve is in the Sealing position. Turn to Manual on high pressure and set the time to 8 minutes.When 8 minutes is up, let the pressure release naturally. If you are in a rush, wait 10 minutes, then carefully release it manually.Carefully open the lid. Stir, serve, and enjoy!
- If you like, you can use a mix of pork and beef for additional flavor. Make sure the meat is as lean as possible so that it doesn’t release much grease.
- You can drain the fat released from the meat during cooking if desired.
- The best vegetables to use: corn, green beans, green peas.
Photography by Daniela Lambova.