Best Beef Recipes is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
Meet your new favorite beef stir fry recipe! Keto Beef and Broccoli is one of the easiest low-carb Instant Pot recipes. It’s so tasty, you’ll want to sneak another plate full! Don’t worry, we won’t tell. 😉
Best Beef and Broccoli Recipe
One bite of keto Chinese beef and broccoli, and you’re going to know why this is one of our favorite healthy keto recipes. It’s as tasty as our Vietnamese Beef Salad, and low carb, too!
We love Asian-style recipes, but when you’re on a low carb diet, it can be hard to find the right food to satisfying that craving. That’s what makes this easy beef and broccoli recipe a perfect choice!
Asian-style keto beef and broccoli stir fry is a quick and tasty pressure cooker meal. Made with tender beef cuts of juicy flank steak, fresh broccoli, and plenty of tasty seasonings, this is low carb Chinese food perfection.
This healthy beef stir fry comes together with tender beef cuts cooked in Asian seasonings and a special beef stir fry marinade. We guarantee this will taste just like your favorite Chinese food recipes.
Carbs in Soy Sauce
If you can’t find coconut aminos or would prefer to use a substitute, use soy sauce.
However, soy sauce has 1 gram of carbs per tablespoon, so keep in mind your carb (and sodium) count will be a bit higher than what you see in the listed nutrition info for this dish.
But don’t worry! If you use soy sauce instead, you won’t be adding too many extra carbs. ¼ cup of soy sauce is 4 grams of carbs, and this recipe makes 6 servings.
You can also use Tamari shoyu, which is gluten-free and similar to soy sauce.
What are coconut aminos?
Coconut aminos comes from the sap of coconut blossoms. It is a gluten-free, low sodium soy sauce substitute, with almost 70% less sodium than regular soy sauce.
Where to Buy Coconut Aminos
Coconut aminos can be found in your local grocery store in the same aisle as the spices and seasonings, in the international aisle next to the soy sauce, or in the aisle for health or dietary foods.
What is arrowroot powder?
Arrowroot powder is a flavorless powder that serves as a thickener for sauces, soups, and more.
Arrowroot powder is available at most major grocery stores. A common arrowroot powder substitute is tapioca or cornstarch.
Arrowroot powder is not necessary for making this keto broccoli recipe. It only serves as a thickener for the beef and broccoli sauce and provides no extra flavor you’ll be missing out on if you leave it out.
What is the best cut of beef for beef and broccoli?
The best cut of beef for this keto steak dinner is flank steak, sirloin steak, or chuck roast. You want a tender cut of meat that’s full of flavor and easy to slice thin against the grain.
Is keto beef and broccoli gluten-free?
As long as you make sure to use gluten-free fish sauce and beef broth, this dish is a great gluten-free option.
Carbs in Beef and Broccoli
This easy beef and broccoli stir fry only has 11 total carbs per serving. It will fill you up, tastes delicious, and is perfect for a low carb diet!
📖 Low Carb Beef Recipes
Keto Chinese-style beef and broccoli is even more delicious over a plate of cauliflower rice. Sprinkle each portion with sesame seeds and additional chili pepper, and mix it all together! Try more of our favorite low carb beef recipes:
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Did you try this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating below to let us know what you think! We love to hear from you!
Keto Beef and Broccoli (Instant Pot)
- 1 pound flank steak or chuck roast finely sliced against the grain
- 1 pound broccoli florets about 2⅔ cups
- ½ cup beef broth
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ tablespoon fresh ginger minced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil + more if needed
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed chili pepper or paprika or to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons fish sauce
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- ½ tablespoon arrowroot powder optional, to thicken the sauce
- sesame seeds optional
- Turn on the saute program of your Instant Pot and add 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil to the pot. Cook 1 pound of flank steak, finely sliced against the grain, until browned. Avoid over-crowding the pot.
- Turn off the saute program and remove the beef to prevent further cooking.Combine ½ tablespoon ginger, 2 cloves of minced garlic, 1 tablespoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon crushed chili pepper, ½ cup beef broth, ¼ cup coconut aminos (or soy sauce), and 2 to 3 tablespoons of fish sauce (depending on your taste).Add to the pot, then re-add the beef, and stir.
- Add the lid back to the Instant Pot and lock it in place. Set to manual high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Steam or boil 1 lb. of broccoli florets (about 2⅔ cups) for 2 to 3 minutes. The broccoli should be tender, but still slightly crisp.Carefully quick release the pressure when 10 minutes is up. Always take caution and wear an oven mitt or use a dish towel when quick-releasing steam from the Instant Pot.If using, combine ½ tablespoon arrowroot powder with just a little cold water. Add it to the beef mixture and stir. The sauce will start thickening.
- Add the broccoli to the pot and stir to mix together completely. Serve with sesame seeds if you like, and enjoy!Serve the beef and broccoli sprinkled with some sesame seeds or more crushed chili pepper or paprika. You can also serve it with some cauliflower rice (link in post).