This post may contain paid links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Our Instant Pot Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes are easy to make and so much fun. Ready with only a few simple ingredients, in just 15 minutes and 5 easy steps!
Every bite is full of that classic cheesesteak flavor you crave, served up on buttery hamburger buns. Your family will rave about this recipe!
What makes these the best Philly cheesesteak sloppy joes?
We could go on and on about how much we love Instant Pot Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes. Once you give them a try, we know you'll feel the same way. They're that delicious!
Here's what makes our recipe for sloppy joes so special:
- They're easy to make
- Use only simple ingredients
- Ready in less than 15 minutes
- 5 simple steps
Plus, this is a ground beef Philly cheesesteak recipe, so it's extra budget-friendly!
🥩 Philly Cheesesteak Ingredients
- Olive oil
- Worcestershire sauce
- Minced garlic
- Italian seasoning
- Chopped onion
- Chopped green pepper
- Ground Beef
- American cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Hamburger rolls
🧀 Best Cheese for Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes
When it comes to making a classic Philly cheesesteak recipe, it's always up for debate what cheese you should use. In this recipe, we use classic American cheese and cook it right into the sloppy joe mix. It tastes amazing!
If you prefer, you can use a different type of cheese. You should always choose a softer cheese that melts well. Provolone, Swiss, or a shredded cheddar cheese are great options.
We love American cheese because it melts so easily, but you can be a true Philadelphian and use Cheez Wiz!
🍔 Hamburger Buns for Cheesesteak
We serve up this pressure cooker sloppy joe Philly cheesesteak recipe onbrioche rolls. Brioche uses butter, eggs, and milk, which makes it softer, moister, and richer than almost all other breads. But of course, you can use your favorite hamburger buns, too!
To season Philly cheesesteak with ground beef, we use a mix of salt and pepper and Italian seasoning. Italian seasoning gives the beef that perfect Philly cheesesteak flavor!
If you like, you can add a little kick by adding some chili flakes. 🔥
👪 Serving Size
On regular size hamburger buns, you can make about 6 sandwiches following this Instant Pot recipe. Perfect for feeding a family of 4 with leftovers, or a small gathering!
TIP—Serving a larger crowd? Try using Hawaiian rolls and making sliders! By using smaller rolls, you can make about 12 sliders using this recipe.
🥗 What do you serve with Philly Cheesesteak?
The best sides for Philly cheesesteak sloppy joes are simple potato recipes like chips, potato wedges, or fries. Other great choices are potato salad, coleslaw, or a simple vegetable salad.
Try these side dishes with your sloppy joes, and let us know your personal favorite in the comments!
- Easy German Potato Salad with Bacon
- Easy Baked Crispy Potato Wedges
- Seriously Good Homemade Coleslaw
- Sweet Potato Fries
- Macaroni Salad Recipe
🥣 Philly Cheesesteak Sauce
Want to add a little bit of extra "oomph" to your Instant Pot sloppy joes? Try something new, like brushing your hamburger buns with garlic butter!
Here are a couple sauce ideas to try with Philly cheesesteak sloppy joes:
📖 Ground Beef Recipes
- Instant Pot Shepherd’s Pie
- Pastelillos de Carne (Puerto Rican Empanadas)
- Easy Keto Hamburger Casserole
- Comforting Instant Pot Hamburger Soup
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Save the Video Pin
Did you try our Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes? This is one of our favorite pressure cooker recipes! Let us know what you think of it in the comments below and with a rating. We love to hear from you!
Instant Pot Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes
See our Beef Temperature Chart for helpful tips on cooking any cut of beef!
- Set your Instant Pot to saute mode. Once hot, add 1 Tbsp. olive oil. When it heats and begins to shimmer, add 1 cup chopped green pepper and 1 cup chopped onion, as well as 1 Tbsp. minced garlic or garlic paste. Saute for 2-3 minutes or so.
- Add 1 lb. ground beef and stir, cooking until it browns.
- Once browned, add in 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce and then 1 Tbsp. flour. Stir to incorporate. Finally, season with 1 tsp. Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste.
- Set your Instant Pot to high pressure for 5 minutes. Once done, carefully quick release the pressure. We always do this holding a hand towel.
- Once done releasing pressure, open the lid and add in 6 slices of American cheese. Stir to incorporate until the ground beef mixture reaches a creamy consistency.
- Serve on hamburger rolls, and enjoy!
- Try brushing your hamburger buns with a little bit of garlic butter sauce. It is so flavorful!