Best Beef Recipes is an Amazon Associate. We receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
My Asian Marinade for Steak uses an incredible combination of sauces and seasonings perfect for beef! Easy to whip up using 5 simple ingredients in just a few minutes.
Asian Beef Marinade
More than almost any other meal, I love grilling steaks. My family looks forward to steak dinners like nothing else, and there are a few favorites I always turn to when I'm planning on what to make for them. Grilled New York Strip Steak is one of them, complete with this Asian marinade for steak.
This is the best Asian beef marinade I have ever tried. Let me tell you, I could use this for every steak I make. It is so flavorful and the best part is, it's easy to make! You only need 5 ingredients and a bowl to mix everything in.
You can easily make this Asian marinade recipe gluten-free and keto-friendly. Give it a try with your next steak dinner recipe, and I know you'll love it as much as I do.
Asian Steak Marinade Ingredients
- Soy Sauce
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Mongolian Fire Oil or Chili Oil
- Minced Garlic
- Lemon Juice
Asian Marinade for Steak FAQs
At least 30 minutes, or up to 8 hours or so, depending on the steak. You can over-marinate, so I don't recommend leaving your steaks to marinade for longer than 8 hours.
Yes! This Asian steak marinade uses soy sauce, which is great for tenderizing steak because it helps break down a tough protein in beef, making it juicier and more tender.
Gluten-Free Asian Marinade Instructions
Our Asian steak marinade uses soy sauce, which usually contains gluten. If cooking gluten-free, use a soy sauce substitute such as tamari or coconut aminos. Coconut aminos work best if you want a keto-friendly steak.
Keto Asian Marinade Instructions
Replace soy sauce with coconut aminos, and balsamic vinegar with red wine vinegar, to make this Asian marinade steak keto-friendly.
Asian Steak Marinade Variations
- You can use spicy sesame oil or normal sesame oil in place of the Mongolian fire oil in this recipe, but I recommend giving the fire oil a try. If you're concerned about spice levels, it won't add any spice to the steak. It only adds flavor!
- This Asian steak marinade recipe makes enough for at least 4 steaks. If cooking for more, double the ingredients!
Best Steak Recipes
- Chuck Steak on the Grill
- London Broil Marinade
- Grilled New York Strip
- Grilled Rib Eye Steak
- London Broil on the Grill
Try one of my favorite steak recipes using this marinade!
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Did you try my Asian marinade for steak? Let me know in the comments below and with a rating! I love to hear from you. What cut of beef did you try it with?
Asian Steak Marinade
- Whisk or fork
- ½ Cup Soy Sauce
- ¼ Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Mongolian Fire Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Minced Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- In a large bowl, combine all the Asian steak marinade ingredients and stir thoroughly.
- Place desired steaks in the marinade, cover, and chill for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator, or up to 8 hours. This marinade is perfect for steaks like strip steak!
- You can use spicy sesame oil or normal sesame oil in place of the fire oil. You won’t get any spiciness from the fire oil, if that’s a concern.
- This marinade should be enough for at least 4 steaks. You can easily double the ingredients for more!