Best Beef Recipes is an Amazon Associate. We receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
My Slow Cooker Beef Brisket is a juicy, tender, and easy brisket recipe you can make with just 5 minutes of prep! Set it in the morning and by dinner it's ready to slice and serve. Perfection!
Best Crock Pot Brisket
Brisket is one of my favorite cuts of beef to prepare for my family. There is nothing like a plate of tender beef brisket for a BBQ or special occasions like Father's Day.
If you're not sure how to cook beef brisket, let me be the one to tell you slow cooker beef brisket is one of the easiest ways to prepare it. All you do is season the beef, place it in the slow cooker, and let it cook on its own low and slow in the crock pot.
Cooking beef brisket meat in the slow cooker really is that easy. I'll show you how, step-by-step!
Brisket is cut from the lower chest area of the cow. It is an inexpensive, boneless cut of beef that starts out tough but becomes fork-tender when braised, smoked, or slow cooked all day in the crock pot.
Brisket is perfect for slow cooking, and unique. After hours of slow cooking, it's very tender but can still be cut into slices, where other cuts of beef will fall apart.
Of course, the slices are so tender, you can shred them easily if you like.
Beef brisket and corned beef are from the same brisket cut of beef, but corned beef is brine-cured. The two taste very different because of this brining process.
No, you don't! Just place the beef brisket in the slow cooker, season, and set the time. No need to sear it beforehand.
Place the brisket fat side up.
For slow cooker beef brisket, cook the beef for 8 hours on low.
Yes, brisket will get more tender if cooked for longer, but not past 8 hours in the slow cooker. We recommend sticking to this time frame.
Yes. You want the beef to be tender, but not too soft. This is what makes 8 hours on low heat the perfect cooking time.
Yes! Beef brisket is even more delicious the next day or even two days after making it! You will get the most flavor out of your beef if you prepare it ahead of time.
Allow the brisket to cool, then place it in the refrigerator in a baking dish. Do not slice it. Cover the baking dish with plastic wrap and pour any beef juices from cooking it over it in the dish.
When ready to serve, remove it from the refrigerator. Skim any fat that's risen to the top of the juices. Cover with two layers of foil, then add it to the oven at 325°F for 20 to 30 minutes.
Yes. Allow your brisket to cool completely in the liquid from the slow cooker, then cut into slices. Freeze for about 3 hours in a layer of slices on a baking sheet, then transfer to a freezer-safe bag. Label with the freezing date and store for up to 3 months.
Remove brisket slices from the freezer and reheat in a skillet with a bit of beef broth. This will keep the brisket moist while it thaws and heats.
Yes! Beef brisket is perfect for a keto diet!
Yes. None of the ingredients in our slow cooker beef brisket recipe include gluten.
Brisket is delicious with grilled corn (here's my favorite grilled corn), macaroni and cheese, asparagus, green beans, coleslaw, potato salad... anything you would serve at a BBQ is a perfect pair for beef brisket!
If you can't find brisket at your local grocery store, you can make this recipe using short ribs or beef shanks. Chuck roasts and tri-tip roasts work well, as well.
This recipe is keto friendly. Try more of our Best Keto Beef Recipes!
Did you try this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating below to let us know what you think! We love to hear from you!
Slow Cooker Beef Brisket Recipe
- 3½ pound brisket we use corned beef brisket
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- In a bowl, add salt and pepper, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika. Mix to combine.
- Drain most of the juices from the bag of corned beef brisket into the sink. Add 1 cup of water to the slow cooker. Place the brisket in the slow cooker, fat side up.
- Season the brisket with the seasoning mixture, then set the crock pot to low heat and the timer for 8 hours.
- Once 8 hours is up, remove, serve, and enjoy! Slice against the grain for best results.
- Make the brisket one to two days ahead of time for the tastiest beef brisket! Store in the refrigerator in a baking dish covered in plastic wrap until ready to use. Then, remove the plastic wrap, cover the dish with two sheets of foil, and place in the oven at 325°F for 20 to 30 minutes.
- You can freeze brisket. Allow your brisket to cool completely in the liquid from the slow cooker, then cut into slices. Freeze for about 3 hours in a layer of slices on a baking sheet, then transfer to a freezer-safe bag. Label with the freezing date and store for up to 3 months.
- Don't trim the fat. Let the brisket cook with the fat for the most tender beef.