Best Beef Recipes is an Amazon Associate. We receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
My Brisket Rub recipe is the perfect blend of spices for pairing with your favorite beef brisket recipes! Mix it together in minutes using common ingredients, then slather it on your beef brisket and enjoy the incredible flavor it gives. This is the only seasoning for brisket you will ever need!
Brisket Rub Recipe
My family and I are big fans of beef brisket recipes! I love making smoked brisket, slow-cooker brisket, and even Instant Pot brisket at home. I find the best way to season brisket is to use a mix of simple but flavorful spices you likely already have in your kitchen pantry.
This beef brisket seasoning recipe is perfect for up to an 11-pound cut of brisket, making it a great choice for feeding a crowd or having plenty of leftovers. It's jam-packed with flavor, especially when paired with a nice slathering of beef fat if you're smoking a brisket.
I will show you how to make brisket rub, when to apply it, and even share some of my best brisket recipes with you!
Brisket Seasoning Ingredients
- Coarse salt and pepper
- Garlic powder
Best Brisket Rub Recipe
- Combine pepper, salt, paprika, and garlic powder in a large bowl, and whisk well.
- Pour the rub over the brisket and rub it on, until every part of the brisket is coated.
- Store any leftover brisket rub in an airtight container such as a jar.
Brisket Dry Rub
Apply dry brisket rub generously to the beef brisket immediately before cooking it. You do not need to let it sit for any amount of time beforehand. Pour the rub over the entire brisket, rubbing it on until every outer portion of the brisket is coated completely.
I like to pair beef brisket rub with a beef fat like wagyu tallow when I'm smoking a beef brisket. If you're using this method, apply the tallow first, then the rub.
Brisket Rub FAQs
The best rub for beef brisket is a simple mixture of coarse salt and pepper, paprika, and garlic powder. These simple seasonings make an incredible complement to beef, especially brisket!
Dry rub can be added to the brisket right before cooking, though it can also be left on the meat for up to 24 hours beforehand in the refrigerator. Either way will work well for seasoning brisket. However, I do recommend salting your beef brisket overnight before adding the rest of the seasoning. I will season a brisket with about 3 Tablespoons of salt overnight in the refrigerator before adding the remaining seasoning right before cooking.
My brisket rub recipe is the perfect way to add flavor to a brisket. In addition to the rub, I also like to add wagyu tallow, rubbed onto the brisket before adding the seasoning. This adds so much flavor!
What's the difference between a dry rub and a wet rub?
Dry rubs create a flavorful crust on the beef and do not create any extra moisture. Dry rubs are a great choice for searing on the grill or in the smoker. Wet rubs are better for slow-cooked beef, such as a beef short ribs recipe, as they use a liquid base such as olive oil, vinegar, or even beer, and the beef draws in the moisture.
How to Store Brisket Seasoning
Store homemade brisket seasoning in an airtight container such as a jar. Brisket rub will not expire, though it is most flavorful within 6 months of mixing it. Give it a good mix whenever you use it again if making enough to store.
Beef Rub Recipes
- Dry Rub for Ribs - super simple and delicious with short ribs
- Steak Rub - sweet and spicy rub
- Prime Rib Rub - super simple 3-ingredient rub
- Meatloaf Seasoning - perfect for keto meatloaf
- Coffee Rub - bold and flavorful, perfect for grilling
Try all of our BBQ Rub Recipes!
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Brisket Rub Recipe
- 1 small bowl
- ½ cup coarse black pepper
- ¼ cup coarse salt
- ¼ cup paprika
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
See our Beef Temperature Chart for helpful tips on cooking any cut of beef!
- Combine pepper, salt, paprika, and garlic powder in a large bowl, and whisk well.½ cup coarse black pepper, ¼ cup coarse salt, ¼ cup paprika, 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- Pour the rub over the brisket and rub it on, until every part of the brisket is coated. Store any leftover brisket rub in an airtight container such as a jar.
- Store homemade brisket seasoning in an airtight container such as a jar. Brisket rub will not expire, though it is most flavorful within 6 months of mixing it. Give it a good mix whenever you use it again, if making enough to store.
- Smoked Beef Brisket
- Slow Cooker Beef Brisket
Leave a comment or question - we love to hear from you!