Best Beef Recipes is an Amazon Associate. We receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
The best beef lettuce wraps recipe you will ever try! Our Portuguese Ground Beef Lettuce Wraps combines the powerfully delicious flavor of Portuguese and Chinese recipes. You can whip them up in minutes!
Portuguese food is Mediterranean cuisine at its best! It is so tasty, vibrant, spicy, and packed with flavor. It's known to be very fresh and healthy. Mix it with these easy beef lettuce wraps, and it's a perfect pair.
Sweet paprika, garlic, bay leaves, and a spicy Peri-Peri sauce give these ground beef wraps a sweet-and-spicy quality we guarantee you will love. This is one of our favorite easy ground beef recipes!
This recipe combines all those ingredients to produce a flavor packed ground beef lettuce wrap filled with veggies!
What is Peri-Peri sauce?
Peri-Peri sauce, also known as Piri-Piri sauce, is a spicy sauce recipe developed by Portuguese settlers in South Africa. It uses the African bird's eye chili, which is a small red pepper with a lot of flavor.
This spicy Portuguese sauce recipe pairs well with everything from chicken to beef. It is both spicy and tangy, and will leave you wanting more!
Best Lettuce for Lettuce Wraps
Bibb or butter lettuce is the best lettuce to use for a lettuce wraps recipe. Both are sweet and soft lettuces that pair deliciously with the beef and cup the ingredients perfectly.
How to Make Lettuce Wraps with Beef
- Combine ground beef, garlic cloves, sweet paprika, and bay leaf in a large bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for. This necessary step will give your ground beef lettuce wraps so much flavor.
- Add the beef to the skillet and sauté until browned and fully cooked.
- Stir Peri-Peri sauce or hot sauce of your choice.
- Assemble your tasty ground beef wraps.
Depending on how spicy you like your wraps, you can use more or less Peri-Peri sauce. The amount we use in this recipe gives the wraps a medium level of heat, so if you like it a little spicier, add a little bit more!
Are beef lettuce wraps keto?
Yes! Carrots have the most carbs of the ingredients in these low-carb lettuce wraps, so if you want to make this recipe even more low-carb, leave them out.
Peri-Peri sauce has about 7 carbs per serving. However, this recipe is very friendly for a low-carb diet, and we know you will love it!
This recipe is keto friendly. Try more of our Best Keto Beef Recipes!
Are they gluten-free?
They sure are! None of the ingredients in this lettuce wraps recipe include gluten.
This is an amazingly tasty dish if you are following a gluten-free diet. You will not be missing out on any flavor!
What to Serve with Lettuce Wraps
- Orzo Pasta
- Potato Salad
We bet you will also love our Vietnamese Steak Salad! This is the queen of all salads! The flavor combination is just amazing!
Did you try our Portuguese Beef Lettuce Wraps? Let us know in the comments below, with a rating, and by sharing on Pinterest! We love to hear from you.
Keto Beef Recipes
- Easy Keto Hamburger Casserole Recipe
- Keto Taco Casserole with Beef
- Keto Beef and Broccoli (Instant Pot Recipe)
- Instant Pot Salisbury Steak Recipe with Keto Gravy
- Easy Korean Beef Bulgogi Bowls
This was so good!@sharyljean
Yum!!! It was delicious!@tishstump
I made this tonight and it was truly amazing so tender and juicy. Will definitely be making it again.@bz4u22003
Fantastic and Super Moist!@supplee2
Check out our Beef Lettuce Wraps Web Story!
Portuguese Beef Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 lemon cut in half
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup Peri-Peri sauce or hot sauce of choice
- 1 cup grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup radishes thinly sliced
- 2 small heads of bibb or butter lettuce separated
- Combine 1 pound lean ground beef, 2 minced garlic cloves, 2 teaspoons sweet paprika, and 1 bay leaf in a large bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for approximately 4 hours or overnight. This necessary step will give your ground beef lettuce wraps so much flavor.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high and add 4 tablespoons olive oil. Remove the bay leaf from your beef mixture. Add the beef to the skillet and saute for approximately 5 minutes, until browned and fully cooked.
- Stir in ½ cup Peri-Peri sauce or hot sauce of your choice and juice from ½ a lemon, and continue to cook for 5 more minutes.
- Remove the skillet from heat. Add to lettuce wraps using 2 small heads of bibb or butter lettuce, and 1 cup each of shredded carrots, halved grape tomatoes, and sliced radishes for serving. Squeeze juice from ½ lemon over top finished wraps.