This post may contain paid links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
These easy Ground Beef Lettuce Wraps are the perfect low carb alternative to tacos! Complete with tangy peri-peri sauce, fresh veggies and crisp bibb lettuce, these flavorful ground beef wraps make a wholesome and delicious lunch or dinner.
Beef Lettuce Wraps
Growing up, Portuguese food was the main staple in our household, and even on the busiest of days, my family made a point to cook and eat our meals together. Of all the dishes we made with one another, my favorites were always anything using piri piri sauce. I love it so much, I find just about any way I can to use it in my cooking now!
That's where these beef lettuce wraps come in. Combining ground beef flavored with piri piri sauce with light and delicate lettuce wraps is one of the best culinary ideas I've ever had: these ground beef lettuce wraps are beyond delicious!
Sweet paprika, garlic, bay leaves, and spicy piri piri sauce give these ground beef wraps a blend of flavors I guarantee you will love. Wrap the beef in crisp bibb lettuce and top it off with shredded carrots and radishes, and you will have the perfect light but energy-packed lunch or dinner.
Lettuce Wrap Recipe Ingredients
- ground beef
- sweet paprika
- garlic cloves
- bay leaf
- olive oil
- Peri-Peri sauce, or hot sauce of choice
- grape tomatoes
- shredded carrots
- bibb or butter lettuce
Lettuce for Lettuce Wraps
Sweet and soft lettuces work best for lettuce wraps, making bibb lettuce or butter lettuce the ideal choice. If you're having trouble finding the right lettuce, romaine or iceberg will work as substitutes, but for best flavor, look for bibb or butter lettuce.
How to Make Lettuce Wraps with Beef
- Combine ground beef, garlic cloves, sweet paprika, and bay leaf in a large bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours, up to overnight.
- Add the beef to the skillet and sauté until browned and fully cooked.
- Stir in Peri-Peri sauce or hot sauce of your choice.
- Assemble by scooping beef into each cup of lettuce, then topping with tomatoes, radishes, and carrots to taste. I like to finish the lettuce wraps with an additional squeeze of lemon.
Beef Lettuce Wraps Recipe Tips
- Depending on how spicy you like your wraps, you can use more or less Peri-Peri sauce. The amount we use in this recipe gives the wraps a medium level of heat.
- Don't skip on refrigerating the beef before cooking it. This allows the flavors of the seasoning to seep in and really enhances the final result.
- Bibb or butter lettuce work best for lettuce wraps, but romaine will do if it's what you have on hand.
Are beef lettuce wraps keto?
Yes! Beef lettuce wraps are low carb and keto-friendly. Peri-Peri sauce has about 7 carbs per serving. Carrots have the most carbs of the ingredients in these low-carb lettuce wraps, so if you want to make this recipe even lower in carbs, leave them out.
Try more of our Best Keto Beef Recipes!
Low Carb Beef Recipes
- Keto Hamburger Casserole
- Keto Taco Casserole
- Keto Beef and Broccoli
- Instant Pot Salisbury Steak
- Korean Beef Bulgogi Bowls
This is one of my favorite recipes to make using leftover steak! Try making more of our best Leftover Steak Recipes.
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Ground Beef Lettuce Wraps
See our Beef Temperature Chart for helpful tips on cooking any cut of beef!
- Combine 1 pound lean ground beef, 2 minced garlic cloves, 2 teaspoons sweet paprika, and 1 bay leaf in a large bowl.1 pound ground beef, 2 garlic cloves, 1 bay leaf, 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for approximately 4 hours or overnight. This necessary step will give your ground beef lettuce wraps so much flavor.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high and add 4 tablespoons olive oil. Remove the bay leaf from your beef mixture. Add the beef to the skillet and saute for approximately 5 minutes, until browned and fully cooked.4 Tablespoons olive oil
- Stir in ½ cup Peri-Peri sauce or hot sauce of your choice and juice from ½ a lemon, and continue to cook for 5 more minutes.½ cup Peri-Peri sauce or hot sauce of choice, 1 lemon
- Remove the skillet from heat. Add to lettuce wraps using 2 small heads of bibb or butter lettuce, and 1 cup each of shredded carrots, halved grape tomatoes, and sliced radishes for serving. Squeeze juice from ½ lemon over top finished wraps.1 cup grape tomatoes, 1 cup shredded carrots, 1 cup radishes, 2 small heads of bibb or butter lettuce