Best Beef Recipes is an Amazon Associate. We receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
My Loaded Burgers with bacon, caramelized onions, and avocado crema will blow your mind! This easy bacon cheeseburger recipe is packed with so much flavor, it's a guaranteed hit on the grill or the stove. What's the secret? Parmesan in the patty!
Best Burger Recipe
It's no secret that I love burger recipes. My family is wild about hamburgers, so I make them at least once almost every week. Especially over the summer! I grill out year-round, but what's better than grilled gourmet burgers in the summertime?
One of my all-time favorite burger recipes is my loaded burgers recipe. The flavor in these burgers is unreal. One bite and you will wonder where this gourmet burger recipe has been all your life!
I'll show you how to make these life-changing bacon burgers step-by-step. I guarantee you're going to love them!
Loaded burgers are burgers loaded with toppings and even fillings! In the case of my loaded burger recipe, the patty is mixed with Parmesan and then topped with caramelized onions, bacon, avocado crema, and typical burger fixings like lettuce and tomato.
The USDA advises an internal temperature of 160°F, which is well-done, for ground beef recipes. Check the temperature of your burgers using a meat thermometer for the most accurate reading on whether your burger is done or not. Follow our Beef Cooking Chart for more info.
High heat will give your gourmet burgers the most beautiful sear. Whether cooking on the grill or the stove, cook over high heat.
Yes! Chill your hamburgers before grilling them. This will give you the best results - the patty will keep its shape better after chilling and will ensure they're as juicy as possible.
Leave off the bun, and you have a perfect keto burger recipe! I like to serve my loaded burgers over lettuce when making them keto-friendly.
As with the keto-friendly version, simply leave out the buns (or use a gluten-free alternative) to keep these loaded hamburgers gluten-free!
Double-check the alcohol used in the caramelized onions. Because whiskey is distilled it is generally gluten-free (see: Is Whiskey Gluten-Free?).
Beef Temperature Chart
For best results, I recommend always using a meat thermometer, and follow our Burger Temperature Chart! This is the most useful tool for checking if your beef is done to your liking.
- Leave off the buns and serve over lettuce and tomato to make keto-friendly and gluten-free
- Try our special burger sauce!
- Use candied bacon instead of regular bacon
- Try other cheeses, like goat cheese! Talk about a gourmet burger recipe!
- Season with our famous burger seasoning!
Gourmet Burger Recipes
And for a super easy weeknight meal, your family will love our hamburger casserole!
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Did you try this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating below to let us know what you think! We love to hear from you!
Loaded Burgers with Bacon and Caramelized Onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 red onion cut into thin slices
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons whiskey or vermouth, or whatever alcohol you have on hand. If you don't have alcohol, balsamic vinegar is fine.
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound ground beef 80/20
- 1 teaspoon burger seasoning
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- 4 burger buns of choice
- Avocado Crema to taste
- Bacon to taste
- Cheddar Cheese to taste
- Lettuce of choice to taste
- tomato optional
- Add ground beef, salt and pepper, garlic powder, and grated Parmesan to a bowl.
- Mix until well-combined.
- Divide beef into 4 equally-sized balls and form into slightly flattened, round patties. Place on a plate and chill in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Add bacon to a baking sheet lined with foil. If you have a baking sheet rack, use it to elevate the bacon.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until crispy to your liking. Drain on paper towels.
- Prepare your caramelized onions.
- Preheat grill or grill pan to high. If using a grill pan, lightly grease with oil. Place burger patties on grill once hot.
- Turn after the first side no longer sticks to the grill. Cook burger patties to preferred level of doneness, using a meat thermometer to check the temperature (USDA recommends 160°F).
- Top with avocado crema, bacon, cheddar cheese, lettuce, and tomato as desired. Serve on buns of your choice or leave out the buns for a keto-friendly dish.