This post may contain paid links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
My Mushroom Swiss Burger Recipe is a show-stopping gourmet burger filled with delicious caramelized onions and mushrooms, and Swiss cheese!
One bite of this Swiss mushroom burger, and we guarantee you'll fall in love. From the mushroom and onion topping to the burger seasoning, every bite is worth savoring.
Amazing Swiss Mushroom Burger
When grilling season rolls around, I get so excited to make this grilled burger! Grilled burgers have so much flavor and a sear unlike any other. They’re perfect for backyard BBQ dinners and making everyone in the neighborhood jealous! 😉
This mushroom burger recipe is the best of the best. Not only will everyone wonder what that amazing smell is, but every bite is irresistibly flavorful. Sauteed mushrooms and onions, Swiss cheese, and lean beef patties on brioche buns. It’s a burger dream come true!
This was sooo good! I will keep this one! Thank youJanice on Pinterest
Mushroom Swiss Burgers Ingredients
- ground beef 80/20 or 90/10 mix
- burger seasoning
- Swiss cheese
- brioche buns or buns of your choice
- unsalted butter
- white mushrooms
- sweet yellow onion
- Worcestershire sauce
How to Make Mushroom Burger Sauce
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add sliced white mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add sliced onion, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook for 5-7 minutes until softened and browned.
- Top off your burger with sauteed mushrooms and onions for the best Mushroom Swiss Burger ever!
Check out my step by step on how to cook the best mushrooms and onions.
How to Make Mushroom Swiss Burgers
- Heat a grill or a cast-iron skillet on the stove over medium heat. Form ground beef into 4 evenly-sized patties. Season each patty with a good amount of burger seasoning.
- Cook a batch of sautéed mushrooms and onions and set aside. It takes just 10 minutes to make these mushrooms and onions, and they are delicious!
- Add patties to preheated grill or pan. Cook for 8 minutes on one side, then for 6-8 minutes on the opposite side, or until cooked through. Turn off the heat.
- Top with a slice of Swiss cheese and let it melt while on the grill or pan. Once melted, remove the burgers and place them each onto a brioche bun. Top with mushrooms and onions, and serve.
This Swiss mushroom burger recipe is one of the easiest burgers to make. You can grill them or cook them on the stove. You can even make the patty in the air fryer using this easy Air Fryer Burger recipe.
I also love to use my homemade burger seasoning for burgers. It's the perfect burger seasoning every time!
Mushroom Swiss Burgers FAQs
If your burger sticks, it's not ready to flip yet. Give it another minute or so, then try flipping it again.
Yes! Try a cheese-like Gruyere or White Cheddar to mix things up.
Yes! For leaner burgers, try a 90/10 mix instead of 80/20.
As long as you skip the bun, this grilled burger recipe is a perfect choice for a keto diet!
You can make the best mushroom Swiss burger completely gluten-free by making sure the Worcestershire sauce for the sauteed mushrooms and onions is gluten-free, and by using use gluten-free burger buns.
Burger Temperature Chart
For best results, I recommend always using a meat thermometer, and following my guide on How Long to Cook Burgers! This is the most useful tool for checking if your beef is done to your liking.
Easy Burger Recipes
- Smash Burger Recipe
- Wagyu Burger
- Smoked Burgers
- BBQ Burgers
- For more burger recipes, try my guide on How to Cook Burgers!
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Did you try this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating below to let us know what you think! We love to hear from you!
Mushroom Swiss Burger Recipe
- Grill or skillet to pan-fry
- Skillet for sautéed mushrooms and onions
- Wooden spoon
- Grilling Spatula
- 2 pounds ground beef 80/20 or 90/10 mix
- 2 tablespoons burger seasoning
- 4 slices Swiss cheese or cheese of your choice
- 4 brioche buns or buns of your choice
Mushrooms and Onions
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound white mushrooms sliced
- 1 small sweet yellow onion sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
See our Beef Temperature Chart for helpful tips on cooking any cut of beef!
- Heat a grill or a pan on the stove over medium heat. Form ground beef into 4 even patties. Season each patty with 2 Tbsp. burger seasoning.2 pounds ground beef, 2 tablespoons burger seasoning
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add sliced white mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes.4 tablespoons unsalted butter, 1 pound white mushrooms
- Reduce the heat to medium and add sliced onion, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook for 5-7 minutes until softened and browned. Keep warm by adding to a plate under foil.1 small sweet yellow onion, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper, 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Then, add patties to the grill or pan. Cook for 8 minutes on one side, then flip and grill for about 6-8 minutes on the other side, or until cooked through. Top with a slice of Swiss cheese and allow it to melt while cooking.4 slices Swiss cheese
- Remove burgers from the grill or pan and place each patty on a brioche bun. Top with sautéed mushrooms and onions.4 brioche buns
- Place the top bun on the burger and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- For leaner burgers, use 90/10 mix ground beef.
- If your burgers are sticking to the grill or pan, they aren't ready to flip yet. Give them another minute or so, then try flipping again.