Best Beef Recipes is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
Our Mushroom Swiss Burger Recipe is a show-stopping gourmet burger filled with caramelized onions and mushrooms, and Swiss cheese!
One bite of this Swiss mushroom burger, and we guarantee you’ll fall in love. From the mushroom and onion topping to the burger seasoning, every bite is worth savoring.
- Ground beef, 80/20
- Steak seasoning
- Swiss cheese
- Sauteed mushrooms and onions
- Brioche buns
To make these mushroom Swiss burgers, you will need the recipe for sauteed mushrooms and onions linked above. This is the best mushroom recipe for burgers we have ever tried and guarantee you will love it!
When grilling season rolls around, we get so excited to make this grilled burger! Grilled burgers have so much flavor and a sear unlike any other. They’re perfect for backyard BBQ dinners and making everyone in the neighborhood jealous! 😉
This mushroom burger recipe is the best of the best. Not only will everyone wonder what that amazing smell is, but every bite is irresistibly flavorful. Sauteed mushrooms and onions, Swiss cheese, and lean beef patties on brioche buns. It’s a burger dream come true!
🥣 Mushroom Burger Sauce
Homemade sauteed mushrooms and onions act as the mushroom burger sauce in this recipe! It’s an amazing combination of flavors that takes just 10 minutes to cook up.
Click the link in the ingredients above to get the recipe for caramelized onions and mushrooms to top your burger with.
This Swiss mushroom burger recipe is one of the easiest burgers to make. You can grill them or cook them on the stove. You can even make the patty in the air fryer using this easy Air Fryer Burger recipe.
- Heat grill or a cast iron skillet on the stove over medium heat.
- Form ground beef into 4 evenly-sized patties. Season each patty with a good amount of steak seasoning.
- Cook a batch of sauteed mushrooms and onions (linked in the ingredients) and set aside. It takes just 10 minutes to make these mushrooms and onions, and they are delicious!
- Add patties to preheated grill or pan. Cook for 8 minutes on one side, then for 6-8 minutes on the opposite side, or until cooked through. Turn off the heat.
- Top with a slice of Swiss cheese and let it melt while on the grill or pan. Once melted, remove the burgers and place them each onto a brioche bun. Top with mushrooms and onions, and serve.
We love a good, juicy burger recipe. Tasty burger recipes like this Best Egg Burger Recipe with Caramelized Onions and Mushroom Swiss Burger are just irresistible. Whether you cook this burger up on the grill or stove, we promise you will love every bite!
For full ingredient measurements and tips, keep scrolling to the recipe card below!
⭐ Best Beef Recipes Tips
- Try a different cheese, like Gruyere, to mix things up.
- If your burger is still sticking to the grill or pan, it’s not ready to flip yet. Give it another minute or so if it sticks, then try flipping it again.
For leaner burgers, you can use 90/10 ground beef instead of 80/20.
Is this recipe keto-friendly?
As long as you skip the bun, this grilled burger recipe is a perfect choice for a keto diet!
Making Gluten-Free Burgers
You can make this easy cheeseburger recipe completely gluten-free by making sure the Worcestershire sauce for the sauteed mushrooms and onions is gluten-free, and by using use gluten-free burger buns.
🥗 Side Dishes
Let’s be honest – one of the best parts about making an amazing, juicy burger recipe is picking the sides! Our favorite side dishes for burgers range from your classic potato fries to salads and more. Try these burger side dishes:
- Baked Crispy Potato Wedges (always our top choice!)
- Homemade Potato Chips with Pecorino
- Homemade Onion Rings
- Oven Roasted Sweet Potato Fries
📖 Easy Burger Recipes
- Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders on Hawaiian Rolls
- Easy Air Fryer Burger Recipe
- Best Egg Burger Recipe with Caramelized Onions
- Easy Keto Hamburger Casserole Recipe
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Did you try this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating below to let us know what you think! We love to hear from you!
Mushroom Swiss Burger Recipe
- Skillet or grill
- 1½ pound ground beef 80/20 or 90/10 mix
- 2 Tbsp. steak seasoning
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 cups sautéed mushrooms and onions
- 4 brioche buns
- Heat grill or a pan on the stove over medium-heat. Form 1½ pound lean ground beef into 4 even patties. Season each patty with 2 Tbsp. steak seasoning.
- Cook a batch of sauteed mushrooms and onions and set aside. This will take 10 minutes using the recipe linked in the ingredients. Keep warm by adding to a plate under foil. Then, add patties to the grill or pan. Cook for 8 minutes on one side, then flip and grill for about 6-8 minutes on the other side, or until cooked through. Top with a slice of Swiss cheese and allow it to melt while cooking.
- Remove burgers from the grill or pan and place each patty on a brioche bun. Top with sauteed mushrooms and onions, then serve.
- For leaner burgers, use 90/10 mix ground beef.
- Use the sauteed mushrooms and onions recipe linked in the post and recipe card to top your burger. They’re great with other recipes, too!
- If your burgers are sticking to the grill or pan, they aren’t ready to flip yet. Give them another minute or so, then try flipping again.