This post may contain paid links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Steak Foil Packets will change your dinner routine at home and while camping! With just 10 minutes of prep and a hands-off 20 minutes to cook, this is one of the easiest and tastiest steak dinners ever!
I'm excited to show you how to cook steak in the oven with foil!
Steak Foil Pack
You are going to love cooking steak and potatoes together in a foil packet. It makes dinner so easy and flavorful. It is truly the easiest way to prepare an amazing steak dinner and one of my favorite dinner ideas!
I made it and it turned out great. It was so flavorful. Great recipe! I will be doing it again, my family loved it!Anna on Pinterest
Steak and Potatoes in Foil Ingredients
- Red pepper
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
You can also try a Steak Dry Rub!
How to Cook Steak Foil Packets in the Oven or Grill
- Cut steak into 2-inch pieces. Dice potatoes, red pepper, and onion into 1-inch pieces or smaller.
- Partially cook the potatoes by boiling them on the stove for 5 minutes, or by cooking them for 2 minutes in the microwave in a microwave-safe bowl filled with water.
- Mix together oil, garlic, paprika, thyme, salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Toss the steak, potatoes, onions, and peppers into the mixture.
- Cut foil squares large enough to contain and fold over the steak and potatoes, then divide the mixture evenly between them. Seal the foil packs and cook on the grill for 10 minutes, or in the oven at 425°F for around 20 minutes.
- When done cooking, open the pack and finish the steak directly on the grill, or place it under the broiler for a couple of minutes, to brown. Serve in the pack or on a plate.
Follow this chart and our Steak Temperature Chart to find your ideal degree of doneness!
omg this recipe was so good plus it was so quick and easy to make.@tiffanyf1982
What are Foil Packets?
They are recipes where all of the ingredients are wrapped in foil, then baked or grilled. These dinners are incredibly easy to make, and there are so many different types of dishes you can prepare with this method!
Foil Packets Recipes FAQs
You can either boil the potatoes first or cube them very small so they cook at the same time as the steak.
This is one of my favorite recipes to make with kids. You can give them a square of foil and have them fill it with their favorite ingredients. The possibilities are endless.
This is the perfect recipe for cooking over an open fire. I like to pre-make the foil packets at home and pack them in a cooler with ice. They are so easy to cook over an open fire and so tasty!
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Steak Foil Packets
- 1 ½ lb. steak use top sirloin or ribeye for best results, chopped into 2" pieces
- 1 lb. potatoes chopped into 1" pieces
- 1 red pepper chopped into 1" pieces
- 1 small onion chopped into 1" pieces
- 3 Tbsps. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic approximately 2 tsps., crushed
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. thyme
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
See our Beef Temperature Chart for helpful tips on cooking any cut of beef!
- Cut 1 ½ lb. steak into roughly 2-inch pieces. Dice 1 lb. potatoes, 1 red pepper, and 1 small onion into 1-inch pieces or smaller.Partially cook the potatoes by boiling them for 5 minutes on the stove or cooking for 2 minutes in a dish with some water in the microwave.
- Mix together 3 Tbsp. oil, 2 cloves crushed garlic, 1 tsp. paprika, 1 tsp. thyme, ½ tsp. each salt and pepper, and 2 tsp. lemon juice. Toss the steak, potatoes, onions, and peppers in the oil mixture.
- Cut foil squares large enough to contain and fold over the steak and potatoes mixture, then divide the mixture evenly between them.
- Seal up the foil packs and cook on the grill for 10 minutes or in the oven at 425°F for around 20 minutes. When done cooking, open the pack and finish the steak directly on the grill or place it under the broiler for a couple of minutes to brown. Serve in the pack or on a plate.
- Try adding garlic butter sauce or other vegetables to these easy steak foil packs!