This post may contain paid links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
It takes just minutes and three ingredients to make the most amazing Garlic Butter for Steak! Our easy steak butter recipe adds so much flavor to every dish you add it to, from ground beef burgers to steaks, and even holiday roasts.
Steak Garlic Butter
My family loves a good steak dinner, and the one thing that makes it even more delicious is adding garlic herb butter. Let me tell you, dinner just does not get any better than slathering garlic butter on a steak. It makes a great cut of steak into a high-end restaurant-quality meal with no effort.
Compound butter for steak works for more than just steak, too. I love this compound butter recipe for all kinds of dishes and even serve it on my holiday roasts! It's an amazing sauce for prime rib.
Let me show you how to make garlic butter for steak and so much more, and you will want to make it with every beef dinner you make. I guarantee it!
Thank you for sharing this amazing butter recipe. It is the secredt to making every steak a memorable meal. I will never have another steak with out it.Rob via Pinterest
Garlic Butter Recipe for Steak Ingredients
- butter salted (at room temperature)
- fresh garlic finely chopped or pressed
- fresh parsley finely chopped, or dried parsley
- optional, kosher salt if it prefer it a bit salty
How to Make Garlic Butter for Steak
- Mix softened butter with herbs and minced garlic until combined.
- Roll into a log using plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator. Melt into a sauce in a skillet or the microwave by heating in 15-second intervals.
- This sauce is perfect for a medium-rate steak. It makes it so tender!
Another amazing steak butter recipe is my Truffle Butter Recipe!
Garlic Butter for Steak FAQs
Yes! Our steak butter recipe is easy to make ahead of time. Mix it together and roll it into a log using plastic wrap. Store in the refrigerator and use as desired.
Yes! Freeze our compound butter recipe by adding it to an airtight container. Label with the freezing date and store for up to 2 months. You can use it straight out of the freezer.
Garlic butter spread will last up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator and up to 2 months in the freezer.
Yes! Use 1 teaspoon of dried herbs for every 1 tablespoon of fresh herbs. For example, for 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, use 2 teaspoons of dried parsley.
What to Serve with Garlic Butter
- Amazing Ribeye Steak (our most popular 🥩)
- New York Strip
- Garlic Butter Steak Bites
- Grilled Filet Mignon
- Mashed Potatoes for Steak
If you want to up your steak game, just add this steak butter. I promise you, you will be thanking me! Try more of my Sauces for Meat Recipes!
You will love our Best Beef Recipes. These are the recipes that our readers turn to time and time again!
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Garlic Butter for Steak
See our Beef Temperature Chart for helpful tips on cooking any cut of beef!
- Bring 2 sticks salted butter to room temperature. Add to a bowl with 3 cloves minced garlic and 2 tablespoons fresh parsley. Mix with a fork until fully combined and soft.
- Serve as a garlic butter for steaks or with favorite beef recipes like roasts and burgers. Melt to create a garlic butter sauce.