Best Beef Recipes is an Amazon Associate. We receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
It takes just minutes and three ingredients to make the most amazing Herb Garlic Butter for Steaks! Our easy steak butter recipe adds so much flavor to every dish you add it to, from ground beef burgers to steaks, and even holiday roasts.
My family loves a good steak dinner, and the one thing that makes it even more delicious is adding garlic herb butter. Let me tell you, dinner just does not get any better than slathering garlic butter on a steak. It makes a great cut of steak into a high-end restaurant-quality meal with no effort.
It works for more than just steak, too. I love this compound butter recipe for all kinds of dishes and even serve it on my holiday roasts! It's amazing with prime rib.
Let me show you how to make garlic butter for steak and so much more, and you will want to make it with every beef dinner you make. I guarantee it!
What is garlic butter?
Our steak butter recipe is a simple combination of butter, garlic, and fresh herbs. It takes just minutes to whip up and can be served as a sauce or spread for savory dishes of all kinds. We love garlic compound butter on steak, roasts, burgers, and more!
How to Make Garlic Butter for Steak
- Mix softened butter with herbs and minced garlic until combined.
- Roll into a log using plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator. Melt into a sauce in a skillet or in the microwave by heating in 15 second intervals.
What to Serve with Garlic Butter
This is the best garlic butter steak sauce out there. Try it with one of our favorite easy steak recipes, or with prime rib or a burger. The best steak recipe to enjoy with this garlic butter is our Grilled Rib Eye - you can have a steakhouse-quality steak at home for a fraction of the cost!
- Garlic Butter Steak Bites
- Reverse Sear Prime Rib Roast (Instant Pot recipe)
- Garlic Butter Burger (Air Fryer recipe)
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! Our steak butter recipe is easy to make ahead of time. Mix it together and roll it into a log using plastic wrap. Store in the refrigerator and use as desired.
Yes! Freeze our compound butter recipe by adding it to an airtight container. Label with the freezing date and store for up to 2 months. You can use it straight out of the freezer.
You may also like
Yes! Herb butter for steaks is perfect for a low carb diet.
It is! There is no gluten in our compound butter for steaks.
Garlic butter spread will last up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator and up to 2 months in the freezer.
Yes! Use 1 teaspoon dried herbs for every 1 tablespoon of fresh herbs. For example, for 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, use 2 teaspoons of dried parsley.
Use ⅛ teaspoon of garlic powder for each clove of garlic in the recipe to make garlic butter with garlic powder.
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Save the Video Pin
Check out our Garlic Butter for Steaks Web Story!
Did you try this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating below to let us know what you think! We love to hear from you!
Garlic Butter for Steaks
- 2 sticks butter salted (at room temperature)
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped or pressed
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley finely chopped, or 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- Bring 2 sticks salted butter to room temperature. Add to a bowl with 3 cloves minced garlic and 2 tablespoons fresh parsley. Mix with a fork until fully combined and soft.
- Serve as a garlic butter for steaks or with favorite beef recipes like roasts and burgers. Melt to create a garlic butter sauce.