Best Beef Recipes is an Amazon Associate. We receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
These Steak Nachos are the ultimate nachos! Tangy, creamy, and a little bit spicy, this sheet pan dinner makes the best-loaded nachos recipe ever. They are perfect for your next game day party or for a fun family dinner!
Every bite of this easy nachos recipe is a treat. Packed with guacamole, shredded cheese, and salsa, it has everything you love about classic nachos, plus you can use your leftover steak!
These amazing beef nachos make a perfect treat for game day or movie night, especially for a summer sleepover. They're one of the easiest dinners to make, especially since you can even use leftover steak to make them!
Steak Nachos Ingredients
- leftover steak
- Tortilla chips
- Shredded cheese (we use Monterey Jack)
- Shredded lettuce
- Chopped tomatoes
- Sour cream
- Lime for a fresh squeeze
Nothing could be easier than making sheet pan nachos. The best part about this steak nachos recipe is you can mix it up and play with the ingredients to create your perfect plate of nachos.
Add your favorite toppings. Whatever you love on a taco works perfectly for baked nachos!
Best Cheese for Steak Nachos
- Monterey Jack cheese melts and becomes so creamy and delicious. This is what we use, and it is the best cheese for nachos.
- You can also try a Mexican cheese blend
- Queso Fresco is also amazing
- Shredded Cheddar is also great
The most important thing about picking which cheese to use for a nachos recipe is how well the cheese melts. As a rule, shredded cheese works best!
Best Steak for Steak Nachos
In short, the answer is any steak you have leftover. Here are some of my favorites.
- Reverse Sear Ribeye
- Pan Seared Ribeye
- Birria Tacos are amazing! Use them in nachos instead of tacos
- Air Fried Steak
- Sirloin Cap Steak
- Grilled Chuck Steak
My family loves steak nachos so much that I tend to add an extra steak when we are enjoying one of these recipes. It's perfect for reinventing recipes like these beef nachos.
Beef Nachos with Leftovers
Any type of beef works really well on nachos. I love using any leftover beef recipes I have to make ultimate nachos. My kids always look forward to leftover prime rib and ground beef nachos! Here are some other leftover beef recipes I like to use.
Steak Nacho Toppings
- Shredded Lettuce
- Fresh Salsa
- Jalapeno slices
- Fresh Guacamole
- A sprinkling of cilantro
You can also add:
- Avocado crema
- Avocado slices - learn How to Cut an Avocado
- Chimichurri Steak Nachos are also amazing! This is one of my favorite nacho sauces!
How to Make Steak Nachos
- Preheat your oven broiler to high. Spread tortilla chips in a single even layer on a baking sheet.
- Lay slices of steak over the chips, then sprinkle with shredded cheese. Put the pan in the oven until the cheese melts and the chips crisp up, about 3-4 minutes. Make sure to babysit this step because most ovens get really hot on broil.
- Top with lettuce, chopped tomatoes, guacamole, salsa, sour cream, and other nacho toppings of choice.
- Sprinkle with a bit of lime. This makes these nachos perfectly light and flavorful.
Beef Nacho Recipe Tips
- Make sure you watch your oven carefully while on broil, It will cook really fast.
- Make a nacho bar! Melt the cheese over your sheet pan of chips, then set out with bowls of toppings. Serve options like steak, shrimp, ground beef, pulled pork, or shredded chicken. Put out bowls of toppings, such as lettuce, chopped tomato, onion, peppers, and extra cheese to sprinkle on top.
- This is a super fun way to serve nachos for the whole family or a party to enjoy!
Best Leftover Beef Recipes
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Did you try these steak nachos? Let us know in the comments below what you think, and be sure to leave a rating! We love to hear from you.
Ultimate Steak Nachos Recipe
- Sheet pan
- 1.5 cups leftover steak, thinly sliced
- 14.5 ounce bag tortilla chips your choice
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup tomatoes chopped
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ½ cup salsa your choice
- ½ cup guacamole
- 1 lime, quartered(optional)
- Preheat your oven broiler to high. Spread 1 bag of tortilla chips in a single even layer on a baking sheet.
- Lay slices of steak over the tortilla chips, then sprinkle with shredded Monterey Jack cheese. Put the pan in the oven until the cheese melts and the chips crisp up, about 3-4 minutes.
- Top with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, salsa of your choice, and sour cream and guacamole.
- Squeeze some lime over the nachos. (optional)
- Be sure to watch the cooking time when the oven is on broil. It will cook very quickly and every oven runs a little different.
- Add your favorite nacho toppings! Mexican crema, peppers, jalapenos, olives, avocado, shrimp, and fresh herbs like cilantro are great choices. So are other cheeses, like Queso Fresco or Cotija.
Photos and recipe by Sarah Bates.