Best Beef Recipes is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
These Steak Nachos are the ultimate nachos! Tangy, creamy, and a little bit spicy, this sheet pan dinner makes the best loaded nachos recipe ever. They are perfect for your next game day party or for a fun family dinner!
Every bite of this easy nachos recipe is a treat. Packed with hot sauce, shredded cheese, and salsa, it has everything you love about classic nachos, plus grilled steak!
That includes these baked nachos. There is nothing easier than a sheet pan of tortilla chips slathered with ooey, gooey cheese, nacho toppings, and grilled chuck steak.
Spicy beef nachos make a perfect treat for game day or movie night, especially for a summer sleepover. They’re one of the easiest dinners to make, especially since you can even use leftover steak to make them!
🥘 Steak Nachos Ingredients
- Your favorite hot sauce
- Olive oil
- Minced garlic
- Lime juice
- Sea salt
- Grilled chuck steak or leftover steak
- Tortilla chips
- Shredded cheese (we use Monterey Jack)
- Shredded lettuce
- Chopped tomatoes
- Sour cream
Nothing could be easier than making sheet pan nachos. The best part about this steak nachos recipe is that you can mix it up and play with the ingredients to create your perfect plate of nachos.
Add your favorite toppings. Whatever you love on a taco works perfectly for baked nachos!
🧀 What’s the best cheese for nachos?
Monterey Jack cheese melts and becomes so creamy and delicious. This is what we use, and it is the best cheese for nachos.
You can also try a Mexican cheese blend or even add some Queso Fresco to the sheet pan to mix up which cheese you’re using.
The most important thing about picking which cheese to use for a nachos recipe is how well the cheese melts. As a rule, shredded cheese works best!
🌮 What are the best nachos chips?
The best nachos chips are plain corn tortilla chips. They hold up well to nacho toppings of all kinds and have the perfect crunch and flavor when you bake them for sheet pan nachos.
You can use flavored chips like lime tortilla chips or even Doritos, but you will want to keep the seasoning in mind when mixing everything together so it isn’t over-seasoned!
If you want, you could even try making your own chips from scratch. It’s a lot of fun and easy, too! These Crispy Homemade Tortilla Chips are a perfect option for making homemade tortilla chips.
Give it a try next time you make our baked nachos!
🥩 What steak should I use for nachos steak?
Chuck steak works perfectly for steak nachos. It’s easy to cook, budget-friendly, and so flavorful.
But, you can use leftover steak from any steak recipe. This is perfect for meal planning! Cook up extra steak when making dinner and save the leftovers for these nachos later in the week.
We have plenty of easy steak recipes for you to choose from:
- Reverse Sear Ribeye
- Grilled Chuck Steak
- Juicy Garlic Butter Steak Bites (a favorite of ours!)
- Air Fried Steak
- Grilled Picanha Steak
🥫 What’s the best salsa for nachos?
The best salsa for nachos is simple: your favorite salsa! Pick your favorite salsa to pair with your beef nachos recipe. We promise you that it will work perfectly.
Mild or spicy salsa pairs well with any cut of steak you use. Both red and green salsa are great choices. For steak nachos with more of a Mexican flair, use green tomatillo salsa and carne asada steak. Top it off with a creamy cheese and Queso Fresco or Cotija.
You can even make homemade salsa to use in this recipe. Try this Homemade Salsa Verde Recipe! It’s fresh and zesty and tastes great with chuck steak recipes like these steak nachos.
🍅 Nacho Toppings
- Mexican crema (a Mexican sour cream/creme fraiche)
- Jalapeno slices
- Avocado slices – learn How to Cut an Avocado
- Shrimp for surf and turf nachos – try this Shrimp Foil Pack
- A sprinkling of cilantro
- Sliced peppers, such as poblano peppers
🔪 How to Make Nachos with Steak
- In a small bowl, combine hot sauce, olive oil, lime juice, minced garlic, and sea salt.
- Place a chuck steak in a resealable plastic bag. Pour the marinade mixture into the bag with the steak. Seal it tightly, then turn it over a few times, massaging the marinade into the steak.
- Refrigerate and allow it to marinate for up to 2 hours.
- Preheat your grill or stove to high. Remove the steak from the marinade and place it on the grill or in a skillet on the stove.
- Cook for 8 minutes on one side, then turn and continue cooking for another 5-8 minutes until you reach your desired degree of doneness. Check the steak temperatures chart below, and remember to use a meat thermometer!
- Remove the steak from the grill or pan and allow it to rest for 5 minutes before thinly slicing.
Tip: Using Leftover Steak
If you’re using leftover steak, skip the steps for grilling the steak. Instead, thinly slice any leftovers if they are not already in thin slices. You want them to be thin, bite-size pieces that are easy to lift up on a tortilla chip.
Assembling the Steak Nachos
- Preheat your oven broiler to high. Spread tortilla chips in a single even layer on a baking sheet.
- Lay slices of steak over the chips, then sprinkle with shredded cheese. Put the pan in the oven until the cheese melts and the chips crisp up, about 3-4 minutes.
- Top with lettuce, chopped tomatoes, salsa, sour cream, and other nacho toppings of choice.
For exact measurements, keep scrolling and check the recipe card below!
⭐ Best Beef Recipes Tips
Make a nacho bar! Melt the cheese over your sheet pan of chips, then set out with bowls of toppings. Serve options like steak, shrimp, ground beef, pulled pork, or shredded chicken. Put out bowls of toppings, such as lettuce, chopped tomato, onion, peppers, and extra cheese to sprinkle on top.
This is a super fun way to serve nachos for the whole family or a party to enjoy!
📖 What to Serve with Nachos
To complement the cheesiness of a nachos recipe, a fresh slaw is a great choice. Try serving with a Mexican Cole Slaw for a tasty, tangy pairing.
And of course, it’s so much fun for a party to serve nachos alongside tacos and burritos! Nacho recipes pair perfectly with other Mexican food ideas. We like to serve them with rice, too.
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Did you try these steak nachos? Let us know in the comments below what you think, and be sure to leave a rating! We love to hear from you.
Steak Nachos Recipe (Sheet Pan Nachos)
- Sheet pan
- 2 Tbsp. hot sauce your choice
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice from 1 whole lime
- 1 Tbsp. garlic clove minced
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1¼ lb. chuck steak or leftover steak slices
- 1 bag tortilla chips your choice
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup tomatoes chopped
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ½ cup salsa your choice
- In a small bowl, combine 2 Tbsp. hot sauce, 2 Tbsp. olive oil, 2 Tbsp. lime juice, 1 Tbsp. minced garlic, and ¼ tsp. sea salt.Place a 1¼ lb. chuck steak in a resealable plastic bag. Pour the mixture into the bag with the steak and seal it tightly. Turn it over a few times, massaging the marinade into the steak.Refrigerate and allow the steak to marinate for up to 2 hours.
- Once ready to cook, preheat your grill or stove to high. Remove the steak from the marinade and place it on the grill or skillet on the stove (cast iron skillets work best).
- Cook on one side for 8 minutes, then turn and continue cooking for another 5-8 minutes until you reach your desired degree of doneness (about 135°F for medium-rare, or 145°F for medium).
- Remove the steak from the grill or stove and allow to rest for 5 minutes before thinly slicing.
- Preheat your oven broiler to high. Spread 1 bag of tortilla chips in a single even layer on a baking sheet.
- Lay slices of steak over the tortilla chips, then sprinkle with 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese. Put the pan in the oven until the cheese melts and the chips crisp up, about 3-4 minutes.
- Top with 1 cup shredded lettuce, 1 cup chopped tomatoes, ½ cup salsa of your choice, and ⅓ cup sour cream.
- Use leftover steak to save time! Thinly slice your leftovers and add to nachos. Bake as directed.
- Add your favorite nacho toppings! Mexican crema, peppers, jalapenos, olives, avocado, shrimp, and fresh herbs like cilantro are great choices. So are other cheeses, like Queso Fresco or Cotija.
Photos and recipe by Sarah Bates.